twenty-two

who is your favorite character on TVD?mines katherine pierce ***

mines katherine pierce
***

It's a few days later and I am taking a bath because I can't stand for thirty minutes on a sprained ankle. I feel dead. I am empty and sad. Freedom was right there and I let it slip away.

How long was I going to be here? Was this my life now?

What if I just accepted it and let myself fall for him?

It wouldn't be hard. He was attractive and he was rich. He was a criminal, but he had never been caught. I could just stay with him and marry him.

It would be the path of least resistance. It would be easy.

I had always been one to give up when things got a little too difficult. And now things were beyond difficult. I had tried, really I had, to escape, and it didn't work.

I'm close to giving up.

Don't you dare.

I shake my head of the thoughts and take the loofa. I rub the soapy water on my arms and I scrub my legs, carefully running the sponge over my hurt ankle.

Strands of my hair have fallen out of my bun and stick to my neck.

I hated the feeling of it.

I take down my hair and submerge myself under the water. I scrub my face and run my hands through my hair. I see how long I can hold my breath.

It's not long before my lungs start to ache from lack on oxygen.

Pushing myself up and wiping the soap from my eyes, I decide it's time to get out.

I put the loofah down and carefully stand up. I place all my weight on my good leg and somehow finesse my way out of the bathtub. I reach for the towel and once I have it I wrap around my body.

After draining the tub, I peek my head through the door to make sure that Stephen isn't there. Once I'm sure the coast is clear, I head to the closet and change into a pair of leggings and a simple blue t-shirt.

I dry my hair and stand in the closet for a while, just staring at the white wall. No thoughts run through my head. I just stand and stare for who knows how long before snapping myself out of my trance.

I sit down and wrap my ankle.

Don't you dare give up.

I re-do my bun and go downstairs to make something to eat.

Stephen is there on his laptop. His reading glasses are on and he has a frustrated expression on his face. A white mug is next to him, probably filled with black coffee.

He always drinks his coffee black. And he always wakes up at 7 every morning, even on weekends. And he likes his steaks medium rare, same with his burgers. And he works out at four pm before dinner, every single day.

I know everything about him and his daily routine. I know more about his personal that anyone else does probably. He does the same things every day, at the same time. He is a control freak.

I can use it to my advantage.

He notices me and I give him a sweet smile. Surprised, he returns it and then closes his laptop. Quickly, I grab his mug and fill it with more coffee. I turn back around and see he is walking out of the kitchen.

"Stephen," I call his name and he stops. He faces me and I walk toward him with another sweet smile, "Here,"

I hand him the coffee and takes it.

"Oh, thanks," he stares at me for a few seconds, "that shirt looks really nice,"

"Thanks," my cheeks heat up.

He gives me a tight smile before hastily leaving the room.

That was weird. Like really weird.

It was like he was trying to avoid me.

I sigh and make myself breakfast. This plan might take longer than expected. A lot longer.

#BLACK LIVES MATTER

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT #BLACKLIVESMATTER
(06/01/2020)

okay i've been blessed with a platform on this site and this is the story that has reached out the most.

so since i have this platform and this story that has a lot of readers it's important that i inform that black lives do matter.

i've been seeing a lot of "all lives matter" in response to it and yes it's true.

all lives do matter.

but if that's the case, then how come black people are being treated like theirs don't?

all lives will not matter until black lives matter. and that's the end of it.

***

EDIT: this writing is god awful. who told me to write in this tense? the chapters were so short too. but i'm getting better with editing it. so far it's bad but the ending finna be difficult to re write. it's soo bad.