Chapter 3

I take off to the door but I get tackled to the ground. I land on my back with August on top of me.

He growls looking down at me into my eyes. "Now my girlfriend." He says watching me wince from the pain of him being with another. Tears form in my eyes. He smirks as he continues "bought you to be my pet. So that's exactly what you will be."

He picks me up by my shoulder "you will be my pet and will watch me be with another. You will forever be rejected by your mate." Tears fall down my cheeks as my lip trembles.

"Aw is the pet sad." He coos as he pets my hair.

I flinch remembering my brother, a sob escaping my lips. He straightens his posture and growls at me.

He then walks out slamming the door.

My inner dragon cries at the rejection from her mate.

It was the first time I had heard from her in years.

I sit up and I open the palm of my hand and sob as the flame looks even smaller and is no longer dancing. I close my palm and bring my knees to my chest.

Suddenly a door opens and a girl walks in.

"Ittzy you can follow me." She says with a small smile. I slowly stand to my feet and follow her. She leads me down the hall a few doors down and opens another door and leads me in the room. It is smaller and more simple than the room I had just came out of.

"This is your room. Quickly change supper will be soon and His majesty doesn't like to wait. " she says sternly. She walks out and slams the door.

I sigh. Feeling almost numb as I walk into the bathroom and quickly bathe I let the tears mix with the water as I wash all the dirt and yesterday's and Today's stress away.

At least I try.

I finally get out and dry off running a brush through my dark black hair. I wrap the towel around my body and step out into the room.

I quickly put undergarments on and a simple dress. My wet hair clings to my skin and the dress.

I sigh as I hear a knock on the door. My doom awaits.

"Come in." I whisper and the same girl comes in.

"Supper is ready." I nod and follow her out the door. "My name is Marie by the way." She calls over her shoulder.

Having nothing to say I just simply nod my head.

"You don't talk much do you." She asks and shrugs a moment later "It's okay I'm used to it being quiet in the castle. "

We end up at a set of huge wooden doors. She pushes them open to reveal a huge dinning room with a table to match. She leads me to a chair near August. He is chewing on his food as he stares me down.

I sit down and she scurries off quickly.

"Ah it's nice for you to join us Ittzy." Jaiden smiles at me from across the table. She places a hand on August arm and smiles at him.

"So since you haven't killed her I suppose you like my gift." Jaiden ask hesitantly. He brings her hand to his lips and kisses it gently.

"Love it."

My heart burns in envy and betrayal.

"Well what are you going to do with her." Jaiden ask casting me a glance. I pick at my food while they talk about me like I'm not even here.

Out of the corner of my eye I see August smirk as he looks at me.

"Fight her."