Chapter 10

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I then turn and see Jeremy. I then roll my eyes as I see the same look on his face.

I feel a sting of jealousy as the two smile and quickly go to each other. Jeremy cups her face gently in his hand like he was going to break her.

"You two are going to make me hurl." I say quickly while crossing my arms and looking anywhere but them. Their eyes widen as they quickly break apart. Panic takes over Jeremy's face.

"Shit, Atta we can't tell anyone right now." Jeremy rushes out.

A sad look takes over Attas face as she looks down. "I know, we have to figure out the engagement part."

"Maybe we can just run away together." Atta looks at him hopefully.

Jeremy chuckles but shakes his head "We would have two kingdoms on our asses then."

"Guess we will have to talk them out of it." I say suddenly, putting my jealousy to the side, wanting my two friends to be happy.

We stand in silence while I try to think of a plan. I then look at Jeremy and Atta.

Atta bites her lip and Jeremy scratches the back of his head obviously trying to resist the urge to touch each other.

"Oh quit you two. It's not that hard to not touch each other." I bitterly state as I then walk away.

Though I knew, I glance towards August, who was talking to some man. I shake my head. It was unbearable to live so close to my mate, to be near my mate all the time and not be able to touch him. Not to be able to just sit and stare at him lovingly for as long as I want. My eyes start to water as I rush out of the ballroom needing some air. I walk in the garden, I walk behind the green house and gasp at what I see.

"Madam Jaiden?" I ask and a flustered Jaiden turns quickly while in the arms of a man that is not August. It's a guard.

Her eyes are filled with panic. "Ittzy." She breathes out as she walks to me tears start to fill in her eyes.

"Please. I beg you not to tell August. I found my mate. Okay and I know if August found out he would kill him please please please don't tell August. Ple-"

"I won't" I cut her off. She looks confused as she walks to me.

"What?" She asked unable to comprehend I won't give her away.

I lick my dry lips "You, unintentionally, saved me when you bought me. Now we are even. And I understand. Everyone knows how August is."

Jaiden embraces me in a hug whispering Thank you over and over again. She then backs up an looks at me oddly.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but you didn't have scales when I bought you. And you weren't so pale.." She cuts her self off as her eyes widen. "He-he didn't.. did he?" She rasped I don't say anything and I see her eyes start to water she starts to speak again but I cut her off.

"Shush." I quickly say as I listen in the air.

Jaiden stops as her and the guard listen as well.

I look around and then close my eyes and listen. My eyes open suddenly as I snap to the guard and Jaiden. "Get out of here we have intruders!" I yell. The guard rushes Jaiden off as he yells at the look out to sound the alarm. The alarm sounds off and  I hear guards rush out behind me. Jeremy comes and stands beside me.

"Atta?" I question with out looking at him as I wait for the threat.

"She is in the safe room." I nod to his response.

"What am I against." I ask him as I ready my self hearing pounding against the forest floor.

"From what I've gathered. Humans captured wolves and genetically mutated them. So they are big as werewolves and they have this powerful bark that can blow you back. It's really weird shit." Jeremy states as he too gets ready.

Finally a wolf breaks through the trees and as he does many other follow behind. My eyes widen at the size of them.

Jeremy hits my shoulder and I look at him "Let's fight!" He yells as he runs towards the wolves.

I let out a battle cry of my own and run to the wolves. I dodge one as it lunges at me. I grab it's tail and throw it back away from the castle. I put my hand out and send a few fire balls hiting a few wolves. I jump and slam into a wolf hearing something crack under the pressure. I look at my hands, I didn't realize how much strength I had gained.

I dodge another wolf but he cuts me with his paw as he passes by. I hiss and grab my cheek, pulling my hand back I feel blood dripping down my face. I groan in annoyance.

I punch another wolf as it comes at me occasionally throwing fire balls at other attacking wolves.

The fight dies down quickly and I'm surrounded by dead or wounded wolves.

A side of me hates what I've become. In such a short amount of time I've become very violent, and very bitter.

I guess rejection changes you like that.

The other side of me accepts what I've become with open arms.
The dragon side of me.

I look at Jeremy and he looks at me in awe as he walks to me. "You really kicked ass."

I half smile at him. "Yeah." We walk back into the ballroom and the party resume as other guards go to investigate. I look around at all the admiring faces towards the guards that just finished protecting everyone. I then feel a nudge in my shoulder and turn. Jeremy hands me a drink. I chug it down and hand the glass back to him. I then make a face as he laughs.

"It's alcohol dummy." He then hands me another and I drink it slower this time.

Another hand touches my hand and I turn and see Atta. Her eyes widen as she looks at the cut in my cheek. "Its really deep. You need to get it checked out."

I wipe my face as a good bit of blood falls. I sigh as I nod and walk away to go look for a bandage.