Chapter 6

I quietly chew on the lamb sand which. The kitchen only had one girl in it today. The girls name is Atta. She is sixteen and has the biggest crush on Jeremy.

I smile at the naive girl as she bats her eyes at the uninterested man while setting down his plate. He grumbles a thank you while quickly taking a bite.

Her eyes widen "Your-your welcome."

Jeremy unfazed by the girl walks out the door seemingly in his own mind. A dreamy sigh leaves her small lips. Her doe brown eyes catch mine.

A blush takes over her face.

"You do know he is a lot older than you right." I call out. Her eyes widen at my voice.

"What-what are you- you what are you taking about?" Her words scamper out of her mouth.

"You look at him the way someone looks at their mate."

She sighs. "I'm- I'm only 16 I can't sense my mate yet. And for your information. He is only 20."

I nod my head "Still four years your senior." She rolls her eyes at me.

"I know, I can't help myself. He isn't like other dragons." She then pauses. "Well I mean he is but he is more quiet about it."

I chuckle at her referring to a male dragons ego.

"He is more gentle,"

I raise a brow swallowing my last bite. "You haven't trained  with him have you."

She nods a small smirk on her face. "He taught me self defense. He was very patient and gentle."

I nod, he is patient, not so sure about the gentle part as I start to feel a small pain in my legs.

She takes my plate as someone walks in, I turn and see Jaiden.

"Talking about Jeremy again Atta? I told you he is betrothed to someone you need to get over him." Jaiden sternly says looking Atta in the eye.

Atta rolls her eyes.

"Roll those eyes some more maybe you'll find a brain back there." Jaiden snaps as she grabs a cup of water and quickly walks out.

"It's not right." I turn my head to Atta with my eyebrows raised.

"They are forcing him to marry and he hasn't even found his mate!" She harshly states.

"Mates are overrated anyway." I spit out with a hint of bitterness.

She glares at me.
"Of course! Since your older than me you think you know but you don't. You don't have a mate so how would you know. You don't know! Mates are wonderful."

I flinch as a pain goes through my heart as she continues.

"You have no idea what your talking about, you wait until you find your mate an-"

"I did." I finally cut her off bitterly. "I got rejected."

What was portrayed as justified anger leaves her face and anguish takes its place.