Chapter 8

"You told her to reject him?" Jeremy states horrified running a hand through his hair.

"Uh yeah?" I say as I swallow a sip of water.

"What if he wants her?" Jeremy states while looking at me like I'm crazy.

"And what if he doesn't?" I shrug my shoulders as I sit the drink down.

" look Ittzy not everyone is August." Jeremy argues and I just roll my eyes.

"And not everyone wants a mate. " I shoot back rolling my eyes.

"I want a mate." Jeremy states proudly.

I give him a pointed look. "Oh really."
He nods his head with a smirk. "When's the wedding."

His smirk quickly drops at the mention of the engagement. He grumbles as he slumps. "I didn't ask to be in this situation."

I laugh "I didn't ask to be rejected but things happen."

Jeremy looks at me and sighs "Are you going to the ball."

"Didn't think I was invited" I muse as I swirl my drink around.

"Everyone is invited." Jeremy laughs. "You have to go to support Atta and stop her from rejecting her mate."

I stand up and sigh "Whatever."

"I'm serious Ittzy " Jeremy states desperately. I sigh looking at him as I put my glass up.

We hold eye contact for a moment.

"Fine."

A relieved look takes over his face.

I lean on the counter and lean close to his face.
"How long." I ask.

He looks confused at my question as his head tilts slightly to the left.

"How long have you had a crush on her." I whisper as I point a finger at him.

His eyes widen as his cheeks flush red. "What-what? No It's not-It's not like that." I raise a brow at him and shake my head.

"You sure?" I push. "I'm sure if I can't find out August could find out how long his most trusted guard has had a thing for his little baby cousin." I smirk at Jeremy's glare.

"I-I don't know. I've always felt a pull or something . But I've just ignored it. " Jeremy shrugs sheepishly.

"Well you continue to ignore it I'm gonna go get ready for this ball." I sigh standing up. Jeremy stands as well and nods.

"Yeah I still need to shine my armor." He states  I roll my eyes as he walks out of the kitchen. I grab a cookie and munch on it as I walk back to my room.

I hum as I walk in and go to my closet. I don't really have anything to wear to a ball.

I start to sing as I ponder what is the most elegant thing I can wear. "Tell me something I want to hear. Something that will keep me here. Tell me your love lies. Something so I won't break these ties."

The door opens and I hear Atta sing with me. "Look at what you do to mee! Look at how breakage is easy!" I turn and look at her a smirk on my face as she continues.

"LIE TO ME." Atta screams as she jumps on my bed. I laugh as she continues the lyrics "BEAT ME! HATE ME. " She falls on her knees as she looks at me dramatically and points "But don't leave me---e."

She then dramatically  falls on my bed as I shake my head. "Atta you need to grow up." I giggle.

"That song is my favorite and it's sung by the best band. Oh and Ittzy you need to sing at my birthday with me." I narrow my eyes.