Chapter 17

I step out of the bathroom as I smooth out the dress. My eyes widen as I freeze in my step and spot the roses on my bed. A note is also placed beside the roses. I pick the note up a read the beautiful writing.

"My darling I am sorry for your violent awakening. Hopefully these Roses make your morning a little more tolerable.
- yours truly
Atticus."

A smile graces my face as I pick the bundle up and lift it to my nose. The soft smell enters my lungs and instantly I feel less angered and for the first time in a long time, more human. I put them back on the bed and head towards the door to find a vase to set them in. I open the door and my smile widens.

Atticus returns my smile. "Hello darling. Looking for one of these." He hands me a vase and I carefully take it from him.

"Thank you Atticus." I whisper the words as they fall form my lips and he smiles as he graciously catches my lips with his eyes.

I turn softly and walk to the bed picking the roses up and putting the bundle in the vase. I then set them on my night stand. I turn and gasp as Atticus stares down at me. Barely any room is between us.

"Ittzy I must be honest with you. I have wanted to kiss your lips since the first day I set my eyes on you." His eyes dart to my lips and come back to lock with my eyes. "Is there anyway that I could kiss you? The want in me is great and I just want a taste to satisfy me for now." He speaks huskily and something in me turns and I feel as though the human in me is gone and my dragon is back.

I greet her with familiar surrender as her need and wants rush through my body like warm water has been thrown upon me. I shiver as I step closer to him closing the distance.

My nose brushes his as I look at him. "Kiss me." I barely finish the sentence and his lips are on mine.

Warmth fills my body and my heart soars. Being embraced by someone like this was something I had always wanted and to actually have it made me question everything I knew.

This is love. Love at first sight. This feeling running through me is something I had always wanted and now I have it. Mates aren't even close to being as powerful as Atticus and I. We had been drawn to each other from the first sight of each other.

He grabs my neck pulling me closer as his arm snakes around my waist pulling me against him. A growl erupts from his throat and suddenly he pushes himself away from me.

"I must stop. Or I will take you right now. I want to wait till the time is right." I swooned at his words. He sends me a smile as he pecks my forehead. "I have business to take care of. I will see you soon." I nod my head still speechless from the kiss.

He slowly steps away from me and then walks out.

I touch my lips wanting time to rewind so I could enjoy it all over again.

"For someone who doesn't want to be queen you sure are barking up a royal tree." I jump at the growl and see August glaring at me.

I return the glare "I'm not after his status August. I don't have to be queen to be with him." I cross my hands over my chest. August creeps in the door way and the door closes slightly behind him.

"Really? So you're going to be his mistress? His second girl? Just a side fuck." August growls at me. He takes a step closer and my glare intensifies.

"He doesn't have to have a Queen."

August chuckles at my words "You are so naive." He pauses as again he steps closer closing the distance between us as he looks down at me.
"Every king needs a Queen no matter what the king believes or his side piece."
August hand comes up and traces my cheek to my jawline. "Plus he could never make you feel the way I do."

My eyes widen as I feel the tug at my heart and the sparks on my skin.

I shake my head at him. "I don't need those sparks. He still makes me feel warm and loved." I look in his eyes "Something you'll never do."

August stares down at me studying me, before a smirk fills his face. "I'll let you have your fun, for now Ittzy but know it won't last long." His hands falls from my face and he moves away from me. He turns on his heels and leaves the room leaving me breathless.

I shake my head trying to shake the effects he had on me. I needed to be around Atticus to drown these feelings. I walk out of the room and follow his scent down the hallway. I stumble into a hallway and see portraits of King and Queens. My head tilts in aw as I see Queen Zerro.

Her confused state looks into mine and I feel as though I mirror her confusion. I touch the portrait. "Zerro, how did you do it." I gasp as my hand seems to melt into the painting. I move my arm completely through it in shock. I take in a deep breath and lean my forehead in as well. My head goes through and I see what looks like a basement. The room is pretty bare. I hoist myself up into the basement and look around in aw. I walk to the vanity standing in the middle of the room. I look into it seeing my reflection suddenly a confused Zerro pops up. I jump back in shock and she does as well. I look into the mirror only seeing from her breast up. She has a white gown on from what I can see and her face has a supernatural glow.

"This is odd." She states as she looks at me. I blink in confusion. "I must be dead." She states sadly.

I nod my head "It's been, years. Your son is 19." I state as I stare at her. The portrait didn't do justice to her beauty. Though I see a scar on the side of her head. The gun shot wound.

"What happened." She ask me seeming even more confused. I tilt my head at her.

"You don't know?" I question as I take a seat in the chair to the vanity. I see her furrow her eyebrows in thought.

"I remember hugging Kyan. I beat Claude. A pain in my head. Then pieces of my baby growing up but It's like I was never really there and I've been with Kyan but it's like soundless dreams." Zerro looks at me tears in her eyes. "Have I woke up? Was I in a comma, or am I really dead?"

Pain is evident in her eyes and I feel she already knows the truth. I take in a deep breathe as I look at her, not knowing how to tell her.

"Zerro, you died, that girl shot you." I shake my head as I see Zerros tears run down her face.

"But my baby, my mate." Zerro whispers to herself and I wipe away a tear from my own eye.

She then looks back at me and then looks around the room. "I guess that's why I am here."

I shrug my shoulders "What is this place." I ask her.

She sighs as she sends me a smile. "A place I made for Queens and Princesses. I had a hard time here, I needed a room for my self and I knew one day that other Queens and Princesses would need a safe place as well. So I created this. Only those that are worthy may enter." She explains and I stare at her in wonder.

Oh how it was nice to meet the queen that couldn't be. To really understand the heart she had.