Chapter 12

I wake up and start wiping the crust from my eyes as I sit up. A knock sounds at my door and I slowly get out of bed and walk to it. I open the door to see Jeremy. I smile at him.

"When is my next fight." I ask him quickly.

"Ittzy you can't fight anymore." He gives me a concerned look as my face falls. I lean on the door frame confusion fills me.

"What do you mean? I've only fought once." I question gripping the door frame. I didn't even get to enjoy it.

"You are genetically engineered . It would be cheating. Plus that's not what you are anymore. With the threat towards Atta we need you with her." I nod in understanding. My stomach tightens at losing something I didn't even get to enjoy, again.

"You need to get dressed we have to leave soon." Jeremy states suddenly serious.

I tilt my head "Why were are we going?"

Jeremy sighs as his head hangs a little. "Red Stone Kingdom. To talk about Atta. And so I can meet my Fiancée." He gives me a look showing how reluctant He is about it. I give him a tight smile. "Hurry you have about 30 minutes. Meet us at the front."

He then walks off and I shut the door. I walk in my bathroom and bathe and change.

I French braid my hair and throw some more clothes in a bag

I French braid my hair and throw some more clothes in a bag. I pack a good bit of clothes not knowing how long I'll be there. I grab the bag and walk out and make my way to the front.

I walk in and spot Atta, Jeremy, August and a few other guards.

"Took you long enough." August states watching me as I put my stuff down. I don't say anything as he looks over everyone and then starts to speak. "To my knowledge everyone can shift and fly. It is a 5 hour flight, no breaks. If you get left behind you are on your own." August then does a short nod dismissing everyone. We then follow him out after picking our bags up. Atta comes beside me.

Atta walks beside me as she sends me a smile. "So August said I'm supposed to stay near you the whole visit so we are going to be in a room together." Her smile gets bigger as she hops in her heels.

"Isn't that exciting!" She then jumps as she says it and I send a smile to.

"I don't know, I've heard you snore." I say as I put my stuff on the grass as everyone gets ready to shift.

Atta glares at me and huffs. "No I don't."

I see everyone shift into their dragons and Atta and I then follow suit.

Attas dragon was a pretty blue gray color. She was pretty big, though she is a royal. Her wings extend as she stretches them out and I see she doesn't have a very long tail.

I look at Jeremy and see he is a chocolate brown color. His wings are very thin and long and his tail has spikes in it as well as his back.

I look at August and see his white dragon towering us all. My black dragon looks like a big dog compared to him. I look at the other dragons all different colors and sizes. August let's out a low growl as he grabs his bag with a big claw and takes off.

We all follow his lead me being the last one making sure I'm behind Atta. My wings flap hard keeping up with them as August shows of his speed.

Hours go by and I see land as we all start our descend. We all gracefully land and swiftly shift back. We are met by a few carriages. Atta and I get in one as everyone loads in pairs. Atta looks at me and smile "This is like vacation." I raise a brow at her.

"Exactly like vacation, you are in danger and your mate is marrying someone else." I say cheerfully to Atta, she responds with a glare directed to me.

"Some of us try to see the bright side." She pauses "Maybe you should try it."

I shake my head as I lean back "I would rather be doubtful of everything and be fine when things don't work out an slightly surprised when things do." I say matter of factly.

"You don't have any hope do you. You don't hope maybe things will work out?" Atta whispers as she looks at me with pity.

I lean back turning my head to the window as I harshly spit out the words "I don't have room for hope in my life."

Atta says nothing as we ride silently to the castle.

I watch the towns we pass as we make our way to the castle. My eyes widen at the gorgeous White Castle. It's huge compared to the black castle of the dragons. The carriage comes to a start and Atta and I get out I turn and see Attas eyes wide and mouth dropped.

"I assume you like my home." My Head snaps up some stares and I am meet with dark bright red eyes. There is a small patch of skin right on the corner of his eyes that is darker than the rest; a birth mark. His deep voice sends chills down my back, and his smile welcomes me with open arms.

Atta smiles "it's wonderful King Atticus." Out of the corner of my eye I see August roll his eyes.

Atticus eyes don't leave mine. "Thank you." He states genuinely. A couple men come down and grab our bags as he keeps eye contact with me.

A throat is cleared and I turn my head to see August clearing his throat while glaring at me.

I turn back to Atticus and he smiles. "Come we have much to discuss." He turns his head to Jeremy. "You must be Jeremy. My cousin is thrilled to meet you."

Jeremy doesn't say anything as he quickly cast a glance to Atta which I do the same and see she is looking down with a sad expression. I quickly grab her hand as we make our way upstairs.

August, Jeremy, Atta and myself follow Atticus through the castle and into an office. "Now I hear Atta is in trouble. May I know details." Atticus ask August. My eyes widen in surprise. Most kings never asked, just demanded. I knew Atticus was a gentle ruler but I didn't know it was like this.

August nods his head. "The Human kingdom. The king wants her as a... Mistress." August growls out the word as Atticus eyes widen.

He rubs his scruffy chin "I heard the new king, King Lance, is very bold." He shakes his head "but to insult your family. Outrageous."

"Say no more. You have my assistance. What ever is needed just ask." He puts his hand out and August accepts it as they shake hands.

"I'm especially thrilled about the peace treaty. Our kingdoms coming together as one through this marriage." Atticus looks proudly at Jeremy.

"Would you like to meet her." Atticus asks Jeremy. Jeremy nods slightly keeping his eyes on the ground.

A confused look pass his eyes, then his eyes gloss over. He must be mind linking her. The doors open and we all turn to see a girl bounce in. "Hi Atticus, is it time to meet him?"