Chapter 5

A loud drum sounds and the announcer comes out.

"And that is the end of round one!" An eruption of both cheers and boos go through the crowd. Cara gets up dusting her self off as she sends glares my way.

I try to swallow the feeling of actually wanting to win. To actually try to beat her.

I don't know why; maybe because it's a fair fight. I wanted to show I could beat her, I wanted to use my powers and actually beat her.

I look down at my hands.

I am a dragon. Dragons are ruthless, mean creatures. I am also human, I feel things, like empathy, and anger.

Being a dragon though makes the anger more powerful, the greed more satisfying.

My family abused me, and my mate rejected me. I have nothing left. Nothing holding me back from letting the dragon take over and the human die.

I clinch my fist and look up meeting her glare with a new flame in my heart.

"Fighters get ready!" The announcer shouts as I steady myself.

The bell rings and a growl escapes her throat as she charges at me. I slide to the right just in time and turn hitting her in the back with a fire ball.

She falls on her face from the blast. She yells in frustration as she pushes her self up. She comes at me again I block a swing and punch her in the face in return.

She grabs my hair and pulls it down.

I growl and grab her long hair. I ignite it in flames. She drops me and screams as her hair burns.

She drops to the ground and rolls, by the time the flames die most of her hair is gone.

Cara feels of her hair and screams out as tears flow down her face.

I look around as she has a tantrum.

"Uh Well I guess that concludes the fight! Everyone your winner."

I look around as the crowd roars in excitement.

"Ittsy!" The announcer yells as Cara is taken away.

I feel a hand grab my hand. I turn and see Jeremy with a smile on his face. "You did good, The king will be pleased."

I simply nod as he leads me out.

We walk out and I see August walking towards me, Jaiden behind him trying to catch up.

"You did well." August says simply as he looks at me. "And it looks as though I have a new fighter."

Jaiden looks at him in confusion. "What about Roger?"

He looks at Jeremy and simply says "Kill him."

Jeremy nods and walks off.

Jaidens eyes widen. "August, I spent good money on him."

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms "It is not my fault you spent good money on a bad product."

Jaidens mouth drops open as tears fill her eyes. She then turns quickly as in attempt to hide her tears and scurries away.  August pays no mind to her as he looks at me.

"Now Jeremy will teach you how to fight professionally. When you out-do him I'll get the next best and so forth until you are able to be trained by me." August then smirks at me "If you can handle that, that is."

I don't say anything.

But I'm pretty sure fire melts ice.