Chapter Four: Questioning Insanity

I'm cold and wet, at least I'm not dying in the humidity of summer, so I can't complain. Another descent update! 

How are you guys liking the sequel?

And trueblood starts up this sunday! (squeals) I don't particularly care for Eric or Bill, but I do love the actor who plays Alcide. I think he'd be good as Drake since I think Drake is a big guy (smiles-slash-drools) except he'd have to wear pink contacts. I'm pretty sure they make those now a days. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four: 

Questioning Insanity 

Sometimes, I wonder how long I’ll have to walk on the edge of insanity. It’s like walking on a tight rope, or walking on thin ice. I'm always afraid that the rope will snap or I'll tip over. i'm always afraid that the ice will break.  I can feel it wanting to take me over, devouring my soul like one of the scary faeries that haunt every humans' nightmares.

The numbness washed over me the moment I stepped into my room and I saw Daisy and Unicorn boy sitting on my bed with frowns on their faces. Daisy flew over to me with tears shining in her eyes. “Oh no! What happened to you, Matty? Why are your jeans covered in blood? And what took you so long? Oh, that’s right, did you hear about the body? A lot of faeries were getting excited and even some of the creepy blood suckers!”

My head began to feel light as the world began to spin a little bit. “Uh, yeah. I found the body...and uhm, yeah, we met up with a guy like me with sight and...” Oh boy, my body began to feel a little wobbly as I thought about the girl with her bloody butterfly-like wings and her legs spread apart with violent sex; the glassy look in her eyes that reflected my terrified face like a still pool of water in the dead of night.

Drake grabbed me by the shoulders to keep me still. “I’m going to get dressed for bed,” I told them as I walked toward the drawers. I opened them up to get out my night gown before shedding off my jeans and t-shirt. “I’ll have to burn these,” I said, lifting up my jeans as Drake nodded in agreement. I got into some cotton shorts and a white tank top. I slipped into bed and waited for sleep to claim me as Drake turnedoff the lights.

“Night, night,” Daisy said as I felt Unicorn boy slip onto the floor with Daisy. I threw down a small blanket and pillow for him. Drake slipped under the covers with me as I rolled over on him out of instinct and habit. “Drake, you might want to go back to being small,” I told him, “there’s no point with you being big right now.”

“I don’t want to,” Drake said stiffly as his arm tightened around me. Again, that funny feeling that traveled over my skin and into my blood before jump starting my heart.

“I’m fine,” I promised him even though it sounded bad to even my ears.

My heart ached a little as I sat up and shrugged my shoulders. I stretched my arms in the air, wondering if I smelled like blood. “No, you’re not,” he said.

I threw his arm off of me. “Let go of me or I’ll be pushing you off the bed.” I tried to shove him by the shoulder, but he didn’t move. Drake was made a block of muscle, so this was going to be harder than I originally thought.

He raised an eye brow. “You can try. What troubles you so?  It’s not like we haven’t slept together before.”

I rolled my eyes. I was so not going to explain what he implied. I turned my back to him and closed my eyes. “We had to pretend then,” I told him as Drake’s arms tightened around me. “Drake...” I turned around. “LET ME GO!” I kicked him as hard as I could, but he didn’t budge. “Drake, I mean it!”