Chapter Twelve: Vampire Business

Merry Christmas! Here's the next chapter! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twelve: Vampire business 

I nodded. "I know, but we have to figure out more about who's killing those girls and they might be our only way to finding the truth." I walked down the sidewalk as I felt my headache throb even more at the thought. "Dexter was awfully quiet, don't you think?" He nodded. "I don't know, maybe were looking at the wrong people. Maybe it is a faerie like Ari thought."

Unicorn boy tilted his head before whispering, "I do not think that is right. Faeries would use glamour and drag the girl to Faerie."

"Maybe this one is particularly insane?"

He frowned and tilted his head up slightly. "Possibly, this faerie could've come from a war."

I slow down a little. "War? Isn't there one going on between the Nightmare court and Lunae luxe court?"

He shook his head. "Neither court wants to go through that."

I looked up into the blue sky as I mused. War in the human world sucked and from what I saw on the History channel, but it was probably a billion times worse when the soldiers are powerful magical immortal creatures. This idea of war made me think of who scared of Erasmus and Cooper were of Drake. I never found him all that scary except when I found out about his wife, but now everything was okay...I didn't believed that.

"Was, is, Drake one of these soldiers?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Everyone in my court feared him, but he was never a soldier. If his queen asked, however, I'm sure he would do it."

I wondered what kind of queen would inspire such loyalty. I tried imagining the former queen and all I remembered was how old she looked compared to the other faeries I met in my life. She gave me a warm smiled and had no problem with letting marry a human, but I stilled didn't see how she could make a war.

"So, we know that the murderer is probably a human with sight, or a homicidal faerie." I said outlaid before I sighed. "that doesn't cut down a lot of suspects." I thought for a moment and remembered Ari. "Do you want to get something to eat?" I asked as Unicorn boy nodded.

We walked down the boardwalk and I found the vampire restaurant, but without the vampires since the sun was up as Unicorn boy looked at me and asked, "Do you really believe it is wise to eat here?" I opened the gate for him as a waitress nodded at me. Abe expected me at least. I sat down at a table near the gate.

"Of course, I need to speak to Ari since I'm sure he'll have some idea of what to do." Unicorn boy frowned as his eyes turned to Ari who began a new song.

"Oh no, this couldn't be more unexpected. And I can tell I've been moving in so slow. Don't let it throw you off too far because I'll be running right behind you." Ari sang with a smirk on his lips before willing his eyes to relax and look all sorrowful in a way the reminded me of Soap Star actors.

"Matty, how are you feeling?"

I looked over to see Cooper with a girl on his arm. She shot me a glare, but relax once she saw my scar and turned her scowl into a smile. She looked more like a cheerleader to me."Oh hey," I said, waving, "I'm fine. What's up?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked me as he took a seat next to me. The girl's smile faltered.

I looked over at Ari before I said, "I need to talk to him and I can't find Daisy and Drake."

Cooper frowned, looking mildly surprised that Daisy left, but he fought off a smile when he heard that Drake ditched me. I rolled my eyes as he leaned back in his chair before he asked, "What do you need to talk to that creep about?"