Chapter Twenty-One: A billion Memories

Here you guys go! I hope you enjoy! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-One: A Billion Memories

"Wh-What!" Ari yelled as a cop that came out of nowhere and rammed him into the railing as they put the cuffs on him. Ari struggled as he cursed at the cops, calling them stupid sightless people.

One of the men smiled. "Looks like you made a mistake, Mr. Harrison. We found a hair on the last body of the dead girl."

Ari stared at me for a moment before his body relaxed and he smirked. He winked at me as the FBI guys looked at me and one of them gave me a card before FBI guy number one said, "We'll be talking to you soon." They left then after that I looked at the card, but I ripped it and glared at the blob of black that couldn't blend into the crowd.

"I really hate adults sometimes," I said as I gritted my teeth. I began walking and stomping my feet, wanting nothing more, but to throw myself at the group and save Ari. I knew it wouldn't be any help, but I still wanted to do something a bit more physical then breaking into John's place.

Daisy flew around my head as she asked in a nervous squeaky voice, "What are you going to do?"

I pulled out my cell phone. "Ruth, you there?"

"Yup, what's up girly? Oh, is Drake with you? Tell him I said-"

"You mean the fucking loser who likes to try to insult people for not doing anything except tell him every freaking detail of their life!"

Ruth fell silent for a moment before she said, "Woah, what happened to you?"

"Never mind, I need you to help me with something that's not exactly legal." I told her as I walked closer and closer to John's house with the locket still in my hand.

"Great, illegal, that's what I wanted to hear," She told me as she sighed, "Well, what is it?" 

"We're breaking into John's place," I stated as she fell into a silence and I stopped walking, waiting for her to say something. Looking at Daisy, I found the little yellow faerie glaring at me as if I was supposed to get some hint on something, but clearly, I wasn't getting it. Then again, she was so stubborn and annoying today that I didn't care. There was more silence and I began to worry that Ruth might not go for this.

"WHAT!"

"Jesus, you don't have to scream!" I held my phone away from my ear.

"I found evidence last night and I need more."

"I told you to let the police to deal with this!" She yelled at me as she slipped into her super logical side that always annoyed me, but it's what made her good for stuff like this and not so much when it came for faeries. "And what kind of evidence did you find that would make you think that breaking into someone's house a good idea? A bloody knife?"

"Golden locket."

"A golden Locket? John told me that he had a girlfriend. He showed me a picture and bragged about her. Dexter even said he got her a super perfect gift. And Dexter has a little sister with a birthday coming up."

"Do John's girlfriend and Dexter's little sister come from Mexican descent?" I asked as I popped open the locket to see what looked like a person's parents. Okay, saying Mexican might be harsh since the couple had dark skin and black hair, but the engraving on the locket looked Spanish, so maybe I wasn't so far off. Ruth fell silent for a moment as I realized that I probably got her before I continued to add, "The girl I found..." I gulped. "The body I found had dark skin and black hair. The papers called her Marie. That's what the locket has engraved on it."