Chapter Twenty-Two: The Things I See

Only three more chapters until this story is done guys. WOO-HOO! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-two:

The things I see 

"Let go of me, Dexter!" I screamed as he dragged me down the stairs into the living room by my wrist. He threw me against the wall where Ruth was. Her face looked frozen, but I saw the wheels turning in her head. Daisy squeaked and flew in front of me as she threw her arms open as if she could protect us. Dexter frowned and looked pissed off enough to kill.

"What the hell do you think you're going in my house!" He yelled as he took a step forward. Daisy squeezed her eyes shut as her tiny body shook.

"Just wish it, master and I'll be able to kill him!" Daisy shouted as I quickly caught her in my hands, barely missing Dexter's angry fist while I stood my ground.

"Don't you dare hit her!" I shouted at him as I took a step forward.

"Matty!" Ruth screamed. My breath hitched in my throat as he punched the wall right by my head. He glared at me as he leered over me. I had never realized how much bigger he was compared to me.

"I should call the fucking police for breaking a god damn entry! My home! What are you doing here?" He yelled again.

"Where were you the night on the night of the murders!" I shouted at him as I met him face to face. Daisy struggled in my hands as I tried not to hold her too tightly. He leaned in close to my face as I pressed myself to the wall.

He pulled back a little as his shoulders deflated which unnerved me. "Oh, I get it. I heard about Ari and you two are so close and you thought he didn't do it."

"He didn't! Ari maybe a smarts, arrogant, jerk, manwhore, but he's not a liar!" I yelled at him. "And I'm not doing this just for him, but the victims."

Dexter snorted before he said, "You're not that noble. The only reason you get a rat's ass is because you got dragged into this!" He slammed his fist into the wall. "Don't you get it? People aren't like faeries! We can fucking lie like there's no tomorrow! I can look you in the face and say I love you just so I could fuck you and lie about it!" I couldn't find my words. "What? Can't face the truth?"

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked him as his eyes widened and my heart jumped in my throat.

He pulled away as he yelled, "Do you have any idea how Ari's going to get bailed out of jail? He's getting the money from the fucking dead! He's just...half of those scars on him aren't from the faerie. There from his stupid drunken father who couldn't take the fact that his son had lived and not his wife. So do you know what he did...?" He asked me.

"Well, if I were in the situation I would've run away." I hissed at him. "Why does this-"

"Yeah, you're right! He ran away and some stupid vampire found him and took him in. His loyalty lies with them! He's barely even human. What makes you think he couldn't do that to those girls? He asked me as Ruth slowly moved away from us.

"Because no matter how screwed up everything is, he still smiles." I whispered. "He can truly laugh and flirt as if nothing happened."

Dexter stood there for a long moment. His body looked limp for a moment as he stared at me with those big eyes of his.

"Get out," he ordered as I slipped under his arm and grabbed Ruth by the arm with my free hand. Ruth's hair flew everywhere and her eyes got real big with her body shaking as I dragged her and Daisy out of the house until we reached an 1950's style ice cream shop.