Chapter Six: Fighter

Work, school, work, and no sleep. I've been busy and sleep deprive. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Six: 

Fighter 

I walked toward the boardwalk where I found Drake glaring at me and then at the vampire behind me who smirked and went back into finish his fake meal, or just make a play out of it.

Ari jumped off the stage and went over to where I leaned against the gate and pecked me on the lips before smirking. I nearly jumped out my skin at the sudden contact. 

Drake fumed behind me. “You ignorant cretin! How dare you kiss her right in front of me? Have no manners?”

“Hey babe,” Ari said as he ignored Drake. “Now what are you doing with a bunch of vampires? I thought you were a good little girl and hung out with faeries like this loser.” Ari pointed to Drake.

“That’s it, you’re dead.”

I pressed myself against Drake’s chest and pushed him slightly. I knew if he really wanted, he could've just thrown me out of the way, but Drake slowly backed off as I felt his eyes burn into my back.

“Can you try to be nice to him? He maybe a stubborn jerk, but he’s still good.” I told him as I felt Drake’s eyes digging into my back, demanding that I look at him. “Are you off work?”

Ari looked above my head and nodded as I realized that his boss was probably some vampire who was sitting down with some fancy business partners. “Yeah, want to walk with me? Leave pipsqueak behind.”

“No,” Drake and I said in unison as he shrugged and lit up a cigarette.

He looked over at his shoulders to see Boaz and the guitar girl with the blue hair. “Hey Boaz, I’ll be back late tonight.”

“Just don’t bring another slut in. I hate that.” Boaz said as he hopped off stage.

“See you later Mira. Tell Stella I said hi,” Ari said as the girl sneered and rolled her eyes before he chuckled. “She doesn’t actually hate me. She just hates my habits. If it were up to her, I’d be the golden boy’s twin.”

“Who's Stella?” I asked.

"Oh that's her girlfriend."

I nodded and resisted the urge to look over my shoulder. I'm used to gay guys, but lesbians were sort of new and shiny to me. “So is she in the group?”

“Not really since she doesn’t have a scar like the rest of us. She sort of got sight by accident since she plays guitar with me and some faerie situation gave her sight and BAM! She sees everything. She doesn’t seem to mind though, I suppose.”

“So it’s everyone with the scar and met up with the white-haired mad man?”

Ari nodded. “Yeah, pretty much.”

The white-haired mad man again.

“Drake,” I asked, looking over my shoulder to see Drake glaring at Ari, “do you know the faerie that we’re talking about?”

“I’m afraid not,” Drake said, “but by the way you described him, he’s a very old faerie. Probably, he’s been around since the time when everything was one.”

“When everything was one?” I asked as we stopped and let him walk up to us.

Drake made sure to stand between me and Ari. “It’s only a legend, but it was when supposed the Rose Court reigned and all the worlds were one. The spirit, human, and Fae were all one where humans and faeries danced with one another. There was no fear or anger, just paradise, peace, and love.” Drake explained. “But then, the queen of the Rose court let her heart fall into the darkness. She was never a pure queen, but she usually kept her hideous heart hidden under layers and layers of twisted words. However, a human witch, tricked the queen into revealing her true nature with a single rose. The witch then made the kingdom fall into a deep sleep and then separated the worlds into the three that we know today.”