Chapter Fourteen: Hook Me Up on Faerie Dust

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the love for this story. For these characters. I can actually edit this on my phone now. So that helps since I'm always running around now.

-----------------

Chapter fourteen:  

Hook Me Up On Fairy Dust

"How the hell do you know my name?"

He stopped and grinned, showing off a pair of sharp teeth. I really, really hate centaurs. "The stars told me."

Oh great. Not only is he a horse guy, but he can also read the future from the stars. Why am I not surprised?

I yanked on my hand to get away, but his grip tightened. I pulled back, but he only got stronger. He took me into a small shabby stand-slash-house that was covered in a black velvet cloth and jewels that hung on silver string where they shimmered like the stars. The whole place seemed to be covered with black velvet, rocks, skulls, and crystals that hung in the air. He sat me on a shabby looking sofa that looked as if it came out of Rome as he put Ari next to me.

I grabbed one of the floating crystals. It had been purple before I grabbed it, but it now turned white. The crystal felt rough and sharp. I could feel the rough edges threatening to break my skin. The centaur looked over at me and studied the stone. "Ah, you're innocent."

I rolled my eyes. "Excuse me?"

"You're pure, but in a different way than some," he explained. "Humans are pure usually based on virginity and sex. The stone turns white for purity, but yours is pure because of your heart."

"I'm also a virgin," I told him as I yawned. "Are you going to kill me or something? Because if you aren, I'm going to have to start destroying this place." I leaned my head back, my arms and legs dropping as if they were made of led. Oh yeah, I looked like a fighter.

His lips twisted into a smile. "I don't think you could even if you wanted to. I'm not going to kill you. I've been waiting for you."

Why didn't I like the way he looked at me when he said that? I scooted farther back into the seat and clenched my fists.

He threw his head back and chuckled. "Oh no, not in that way! I saw you awhile ago in my crystals . They've been looking for you."

"Your crystals?" Okay, weird, but I'm sure I've heard weirder things, which now that I think about it, it's sort of sad how weird my life is.

He grabbed one of his crystals that automatically turned red. "These crystals carry the souls of the dead faeries. These faeries come from a time when humans and faeries lived together in harmony."

"Eh?" I asked. I never heard of this before except when Drake mentioned snippets about it, but nothing real detailed or obvious.

He nodded. "Oh yes, this was when the Rose court ruled. We all lived happily, protecting one another in a special place. It was safe and happy. Everything was perfect." He continued after a quiet moment.

"You're talking about paradise," I said as I found myself letting out a breath I've been holding.

Actually, this sounded a bit more like Eden with forbidden fruit, snakes, and naked people that were supposed to be in the bible. I smiled a little. Won't Father Anderson be happy if he found out that this was semi-true?

He smiled. "This is where the Human Prince was born, supposedly. My crystals have been going mad ever since they found you."

"Oops, sorry. I was born fifteen years ago out of a human woman. Nothing special there," I said as he sat down on the ground. He let go the stone he held and grabbed another one that turned a deeper purple. I wondered what this color meant. "Doesn't the word prince suggest a guy anyway?" Even before the words left my mouth I knew that it was a stupid statement. It didn't help that he laughed also.