Chapter 4: When the roads cross

3rd Person POV

During the years of Ruby's training with Qrow, she managed to unlock her semblance, Speed. Qrow was taken back a bit when Ruby unlocked her semblance.

Flashback Ruby 10 years old

Ruby: Here I go Uncle Qrow!
Ruby ran to Qrow with her scythe ready.
Qrow: You better go faster than that kiddo.
Qrow readied his sword.
Ruby *thoughts*: I need to go FASTER!

Ruby kept those thoughts and then she glowed red, then suddenly she dashed to Qrow while her body was a flurry of rose petals.

Qrow *thoughts*: woah!

Qrow thought as he blocked Ruby's attack.

Qrow: Hoho, looks like you unlocked your semblance kiddo.
Ruby: *gasps* REALLY?! OHMYOUMTHATSREALLYREALLYGREATTHISMEANSIMALMOSTAHUNTER!!
Qrow: Hehe, ease up on the talking kid. I don't understand what you're saying.
Ruby: Hehe, sorry about that. So I guess my semblance is....
Qrow: Speed. You kid transfer to a flurry of red rose and move very fast! *mumbles* heh, kid got it from her dad.
Ruby: What was that Uncle Qrow?
Qrow: Nothing, just some drunken rant.
Ruby: Hehe, I bet you were surprised about my semblance.
Qrow messes Ruby's hair.
Qrow: I did, but I know someone who's faster than you.
Ruby: What?! Really?! Really?! Who?! Who?!
Ruby grabbed Qrow's hand and asks him who this person is.
Qrow: Do you really want to know?
Ruby: Yeah!
Qrow *thoughts*: *sigh* maybe I could tell SOME of his fights.
Qrow sits down on a tree stump and so did Ruby.
Qrow: Well listen here kiddo cuz I ain't gonna repeat it.
Ruby focuses on Qrow.
Qrow: Well there is this hunter who is faster than you, though his semblance isn't speed.
Ruby: Woah! What's his semblance?
Qrow: That's the fun part, his semblance is smoke! Yet he can use it to move fast. Heh, your semblance reminds me of his.
Ruby: Woah! Well where is he then?
Qrow: That's a story for another time, kiddo.
Qrow stood up and Ruby walked beside him.
Ruby: But Uncle Qrow >~<
Qrow: A no is a no kiddo. Now let's go home, I'm hungry.
Ruby: Okay.

They walked back to their home.

Ruby's 13 Birthday

It was Ruby's 13th birthday. Her family is up and greeted her; Summer, Tai, Qrow, Yang, and Raven (Author: Yes, in this story Raven won't be leaving).

Tai: Hey little Ruby!
Everyone: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!
Ruby: Aaawww thanks guys!
Ruby walks to them and hugs them.
Summer: Now come here, we have your gifts and of course the cookies!
Ruby: Oh yeah!
They entered the dinning room, there Ruby was greeted by a red velvet cake and some pieces of cookies sticking on it. Beside the cake was a cookie jar with the brand "Bread, Butter, and Coffee" on the jar's side. Ruby went to the cookie jar and opened it. The sweet aroma of the strawberry chocolate cookie filled her nostrils.
Ruby: Oh yeah now these is cookies!
Ruby grabs a piece and nibbles it gobbles it. Tai pulled out a camera.
Tai: Okay everyone, line up for a family photo!
Ruby was in the middle, Summer was at Ruby's left side, Raven was at Ruby's right side, Yang was on top of Ruby, Qrow was by Summer's side, while Tai is at Raven's side. Tai placed the camera on a five second timer and he got to his position.
Tai: Okay everyone, Say Oum!
Everyone: Oum!
But as the camera is taking the picture, Zwei jumped on Ruby and everyone stumbles. They saw how the picture was and everyone laughed. They put the picture in a picture frame and placed it on the coffee table in the living room.

Present time (afternoon)

(Y/N) POV

I congratulated Rook for passing Beacon's 1st year and now he has to strive on his 2nd year. I gave him two new pistols and two new combat axes which can return back at a certain distance.