Prologue

Author's Note: As you've all read the Retcon this will be the new start of this stroy. I will be making up names of the cities and villages.

"Strive for prosperity. Everlasting peace and equality.....or so they say."

Medontrea, a city located at the south east of Mistral. It is known as "The City of Rich" not because it is a rich city. No, it was named as that because of how many rich people live there. The rich people living there may seem nice on the surface level. They may pull of some charity events, "helping" the poor, showing concern to the poor people living in Medontrea. On the inside those people are greedy, lying, and selfish. The rich separated themselves from the poor, building distinguishable and grand mansions. While, the poor build their own houses from scraps.

They have also implemented "The watchers" a group of guards dedicated to keeping the poor people of Medontrea in line. They abuse their power and the people. Arresting those who only looked at them with glaring eyes, those who accidentaly dirty the walls of any mansion gate.

Of course, the poor strived and was able to gain works from the government, dirty works that is.

"Where there are rich people, there are poor people. Where there is riches, there thieves"

A young boy at the age of 6 and dressed in tattered shaggy clothes was running along the narrow pathway between two run down houses. The boy was holding onto a wallet full of lien and a pouch filled with stale bread. He looked behind to see a light coming from a torch that a watcher was holding.

"Come back here you little rat!" One of the guards shouted.

The boy was far from them, but not far enough. He was being chased by two watchers dressed in dark blue dress shirt with a white sash, white slacks and black shoes. They were wearing the standard uniform for grunts in "The watchers"

The boy kicks a pile of boxes to slow down the guards. He ran faster and went to a corner. The guards were slowed down by the obstacle the boy created but managed to heave the boxes quickly. They saw where the boy turned and followed. Once they turned to the corner they saw a wall with a boxes stacked as makeshift stairs.

"The rat must've made these to go over the wall. Let's chase him!" The other guard said and they used the makeshift stairs to do as what they said.

Unknown to the guards there was a box at the side hidden by a trashcan and some filth. The boy emerged from the said box and chuckled before running to the place he called home.

The boy arrived at a rundown house surrounded by a dead garden. He went inside the house. He locked the door and set up trip wires near the door and the windows. It was an alarm system of wires connected to a lot of cans near the boy's bed. It was dark inside the house but the boy navigated through very easily. He was no Faunus to see in the dark. He was easily able to do it because he adapted to it. After all in a place like Medontrea the dark is your friend.

He lit up an almost burned out candle located on top of a small table beside the couch. It was his only source of warmth in this cold torn down place. He used the light to properly count the lien he stole.

"700 lien, man do these people have banks in their pockets?" The boy questioned the logic of the rich people.

He set the wallet on a bookshelf decorated by silver candle holders, golden bracelets and earings, and of course books. He pulled out a book about mechanisms.

Though young the boy was well educated. He was taught by a smart man when he was 4. The smart man taught the boy how to read, write, basic science and  mathematics. The man was pleased that the boy was a fast learner, he even hailed him as a young genius. The smart man also awakened the boy's aura for him. Sadly, the smart man was killed for having ties to a rebellious group.