Chapter 11: The Rose siblings

Abc = thoughts

3rd Person POV

It was just a normal sunny day in Beacon. The serene wind blows through the grass, birds singing their song, and a flurry of roses and chunks of rocks zooming off in the distance. Oh, it's the Rose siblings, Rook Rose, the oldest, and Ruby Rose, currently the youngest, running to their dad's bakery. What caused the Rose sibling to rush to their dad's bakery? Well news that their mother is pregnant reached them and they rushed to hear more about it.

They arrived in the bakery and saw their mom sitting on a chair.

Ruby & Rook: OMHYGOSHOMYGOSHMOMISITABOYORAGIRL??!!

Summer giggled and pat their heads.

Summer: We still don't know if it's going to be a boy or girl. Also it's only been a week after I got pregnant, we just have to patiently wait my little ones.

Ruby and Rook calmed down a bit and each pulled their respective char and sat beside their mom.

Ruby: I'm gonna be a big sister?
Summer: Yes Ruby.
Rook: Well I got another little sibling to care for.
Summer: Of course you do Rook. By the way how's your teamwork now? I remembered when you both tried to fight your father, you kids were almost at sync.
Ruby & Rook: Hehe.

Then their scrolls ringed.

Rook: Well we have a mission.
Ruby: Us too.
Ruby & Rook: See ya mom!

Both sibling left the bakery and went back to beacon to their respective team. Team RWBY and Team ROCK (Author: Creative I know) gathered in the hangar where Ozpin told them to meet. Though both teams didn't know that they will be teamed up for a mission.

Rook POV

My team and I just casually walk to the hangar while talking about the upcoming mission.

Oliver: So, I heard that in this mission we'll be accompanied by first years.
Charlotte: Yeah, yeah I heard that too. I wonder if it's true?
Keith: If it is I hope it's good 1st years. I don't want to end up baby sitting brats.
Me: Well let's just see.

We arrived and saw Team RWBY along with Prof. Ozpin.

Oliver: Looks like it's your lil' sisters team Rook.
Keith: Well.....at least they're capable.

I somewhat smiled a bit. Well knowing my lil Sister has my back is reassuring. We walked up to them and greeted them.

Me: Hey Prof. Ozpin, lil sis, Yang, Blake, and Weiss. Looks like we're gonna be a team.
Ruby: Hey big bro! Looks like we will!
Prof. Ozpin: Since everyone is here already I shall brief you all on the mission. Reports from certain villages around the east side were about a new Type of Grimm is spotted lurking around the area. I want you all to find out what this Grimm is BUT DO NOT approach the target. Just take a picture of it for documentary purposes.

Everyone: Roger Professor.

Time skip

Ruby and I are patrolling the sector assigned to us. The plan was to divide the two teams in twos and search a vicinity and to call in the others if the target is spotted this was the plan made by Weiss and Keith. Of course me and my sister's plan was to lure the Grimm with snacks and loud noises...but they thought it was a bad idea. We just saw the tree we marked so we will know if we're going in circles.