Chapter 9: Making Rose Petal

(Y/N) POV

I just finished gathering up materials for making Ruby a new shield. She has the attack but lacks the defence. So im making her a shield, but not an ordinary shield. It's a shield that could turn into an axe. I also have to teach her how to handle an axe. I texted Ruby that I'll be waiting for her in the forge to make her new shield. She replied with "be there in a sec" I hope she wasn't that serious. I pack up the materials and blueprints and head out. Diego said he'll handle the
bakery today as well so he told me to relax and spend time with my family. I arrived in the local forge and i saw Ruby, her team, and Rook. Ruby's teammates looks like they just woke up and got dragged here by force.

(Y/N): So did anyone came here on their own accord?
Ruby raised her hand while the others groaned in reply.
(Y/N): Hehe *ruffles Ruby's hair* Sorry if you guys got dragged in by this little rose.
Rook: Can i go back? I want to go back to sleep. Coco will drag me around the mall later.
(Y/N): Sure, sure. Maybe this time you could finally introduce me a girlfriend eh?
Rook: Harharhar old man.
(Y/N): I ain't old!
Yang: Yet.
(Y/N): Which side are you are little goldilocks?
Yang: The side of those who want to go back to sleep.
Yang raises her hand, so did Rook, Weiss, and Blake.
Rook, Weiss, Blake: Aye!
(Y/N): Aye! Go back to the dorms already.
The all dashed out leaving Ruby and I on our own. I stare at Ruby and she stared at me.
(Y/N): Ya ready little red?
Ruby: As ready as I'll ever be.
Ruby pumped her fists and I signal her to follow me.

I place the items on a table. The items are metals, a dust compartment, paint, and a dust crystal. Ruby has an enthusiastic look on her face and she's really excited on making a shield. I just smirked and began forging. Ruby handed me the metals while I melt it and forge it into shape. After forging the shield in shape I made the gears for it to turn into an axe.

Ruby: Hey Dad, why are ya building an axe blade?
(Y/N): Well the shield will transform into an axe.
Ruby: oooh! But why not just build me an axe?
(Y/N): Well by your fighting style you lack defense. So that's why I'm building you a shield. *pats Ruby's head* Remember little red, Your mom, Your brother, and I will not always be there to protect you. So think of this shield as our family's embrace.
Ruby: That's so sweet dad! When will you teach me how to use a shield.
(Y/N): Maybe the next time you have free time.

Ruby's eyes sparkled and she made small jumps around me. I smiled and continue my work. I finished the axe blades and made some gears. Ruby helped me by wiping my sweat, handing me tools, and telling me if the placements will be alright. We finished the shield/axe and then we colored it in our color scheme, Red and Black.

(Shield mode)

(Shield mode)