Chapter 10: Flower blues

Abc = thoughts

(Y/N) POV

I was just sitting on the register thinking about all the stuff that's happened to me. Regaining my memories, reuniting with friends and family, and gaining the attention of a secret organization. A lot of stuff happened to me huh. I fiddle with my scroll and was disturbed when a group of  customers entered the bakery. The customers were all men in red suits and wears white gloves. One of the customers approached me.

Customer: Do you know da wey?

He was using an accent but I could understand it nonetheless.

(Y/N): The way to where?

Customer: Da wey to The Devol.

(Y/N): Ahh, that. Well a few blocks away from my store to the right you'll see the building you're looking for. I'm curious though, what will you be doing there? Isn't that a game development company?

Customer: We will be spreading E-Vola.

(Y/N): Oh wow! That's the new game system I read yesterday. Wow!

Customer: As appreciation for showing us da wey, please receive these E-Vola game console, some games that are yet to be released except if a customer pre-ordered, and we shall buy Bread Brudda.

(Author: Please do not flame me for using the Ugandan Knuckles meme 😔)

(Y/N): Thank you so much.

The customer handed me the game console, the games, and then bought some snack bread for all of his colleagues. That was a weird encounter. I thought to myself as I fish for my scroll in my pocket. I called on Ruby.

(Y/N): Hello?
Ruby: Dad? What's up?
(Y/N): You gals not busy today?
Ruby: Nope in fact we're bored.
(Y/N): Well I've got news for you. Some customers stopped by and then gave me the soon-to-be released game console E-Vola and some games. You could come here if you want to play.
Ruby: Really?! OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYWE'LLBERIGHTTHERE!!

Ruby ended the call and I rolled my eyes at her response.

(Y/N): Such an energetic kid. I'm sure she got this from her mother.
???: What was that about your daughter's mother?

I turned around and saw Summer holding a sheathed sword strapped to her back and she was holding on the handle of a luggage bag.

(Y/N): S-Summer! Wh-what are you doing here?
Summer: Oh, I decided to move in.
(Y/N): M-move in?
Summer: Yup yup! Well you being alone here is kinda lonely don't you think? So as your loving wife I decided to move in. And before you said no, Just remember I'm YOUR WIFE.

Then Summer's eyes blank out a bit then became a really dangerous eyes full with killing intent.

Summer: I don't want some slut of a customer clinging to MY HUSBAND. You wouldn't want that too right, hubby?
(Y/N): Y-yeh! Of course! That is a really bad event. That is not the way of a man.

Summer's eyes went back to normal.

Summer: Good. Now I'm going upstairs and unpack.
(Y/N): Sure, there's a spare room across my room.
Summer: Oh that's gonna be a good room for Ruby.
(Y/N): Wait..Ruby? Then where will you sleep?
Summer: Where else? Well in your room dummy.
(Y/N): My room is only a one person bed. We wouldn't fit.
Summer: We could always share. But if you really don't want to sleep with me...the floor is cold enough for you to shiver while you sleep.
(Y/N): I really want my adorable, huggable, and sweet wife to sleep beside me!
Summer: Oh (Y/N), you always know how to make me smile.