Chapter 1: Newcomer

Hello there guys/gals! Been a long time ever since I've updated a story. To be honest with you all I don't feel writing much. :< but hey here's an update and this will be my apology. Hope ya enjoy! Don't forget to vote ٩(。・ω・。)و

The two men stepped on the wooden floors of the pier. Dalso was checking his luggage if there was anything missing. (Y/N) stretched his back has Rags landed on top of (Y/N) bag.

"Okay kid, you want to apply at beacon academy, right?" Dalso asked as he paid the sailor to help him place his bags on a car.

"Of course. How else will I get that artifact." (Y/N) said as he was looking at a rich man's wristwatch. Dalso notices this and sighed. "Second nature, huh. Anyways, here go to this place tomorrow and i'll give you papers for application." Dalso hands him a business card.

"Dine and Dust: An Inn for the outs" (Y/N) smirks as he reads the bold title on the card. "How come I've never heard of this?" (Y/N) chuckles as he pocket the card.

"It's originally mine before I was thrown in Modentrea. My brother is currently handling it." Dalso was informed by the sailor that all of his stuff in the car. He makes his way to the cat while being followed by (Y/N). (Y/N) accidentally bumped the rich man he was eying earlier. He politely apologized. "Anyways, I'm sure you're gonna need a place to stay for tonight?" Dalso asked as (Y/N) opened the door for him.

"You guessed right." (Y/N) said as Dalso sat in the car. "Go to a place called 'From Dust till Dawn' I'm friends with the owner of that shop. Just tell him I sent you." Dalso said as he closed the car door but opened its windows. "Looks like this is where we'll part ways, kid." Dalso said with a bit of a sad tone.

The tone of the Dalso's surprised (Y/N) a bit. Sure he always steals stuff for him, but he never ratted him out even if the reward for his head was big enough to buy mansion in Modentrea. "I'll come and visit you old fart." (Y/N) genuinely said.

"Of course, that's how you say goodbye to me." Dalso smirked. He then noticed the rich man that (Y/N) was eying earlier was in a panic. (Y/N) noticed what Dalso saw and showed him his wrist which now wears an expensive wristwatch. (Y/N) smiled as Dalso face palmed. "Of course. See ya later, kid." Dalso closed the window then the car went on it's way.

Rags perched on (Y/N)'s shoulder as he walks to the nearby bus stop to take him to Beacon academy. There were some complications with the bus driver complaining about rags, but (Y/N) assured the bus driver that Rags won't cause any trouble. He looks at the view and is surprised by how well developed the city is...and mostly how there are not much policemen roaming the streets. "Huh, well that makes it easy for me." (Y/N) mumbles to himself.

Once the bus stops, (Y/N) leaves and is now in front of the Hangar of Bullheads that transports to Beacon Academy. He was greeted by a guard. "There are no classes yet kid. What brings you here?" the guard asks. "I'm here to ask the headmaster of the needed papers for application." (Y/N) replied politely. "Oh? Acceptance of Applications were due two weeks ago." the guard replied. "Oh, can I at least speak to the headmaster?" (Y/N) asked.

"Look, the rules a-" the guard was cut off when someone called him through his radio. "Oh sir, yes?, there is someone here who wants to talk to you." the guard then looks at (Y/N). "Really sir?, but the rules, okay, as you say."

(Y/N) looks at the guard as he can only hear the guard in that talk. The guard walk to (Y/N) "Come with me, the headmaster said he is willing to listen to you." (Y/N) followed the guard as they enter the bullhead.

They arrived at the door of the headmaster's office. "The headmaster is behind this door." the guard said then left to go back to his post. (Y/N) turns the door knob and pushes the door. (Y/N) entered the room and he saw the headmaster sitting on a chair and a desk in front of the said chair. The headmaster looks like a man in his mid 50's his black hair loosing its color and some of his hair were now gray in color. He wears a brown dress shirt with a dark green waistcoat. He has two gray bracelets for each hand. He was old, yet muscular. Beside him was a navy blue haired woman in their 30's. She wears a dark blue business coat and dress with a white dress shirt and has two swords sheathed on her belt.