Chapter 4: There she goes...

They just stood there, flabbergasting.

“Uh, what?” Trinity arched her eyebrows.

“That’s only in Hollywood Jen!” Meg rolled her hazel eyes.

“Well, she got bitten,” I emphasized, “and a several hours later,”

“Eight to be exact!” Trin grinned.

“Yeah, and now she is eating people. That wasn’t red food coloring.” I shook my head.

Both of them stared at me, and exchanged looks with one another.

“Wh-” Meg started to ask.

“Shhhh,” I cautioned her and listened intently. Sound and grunts moved along the house, and into the connected garage. It seemly sounded like the bathroom distinctly swung open.

I sprung up and opened the basement door. “Let’s go!” I rushed Victoria and Sabrina as they sprinted down the pink painted stairs.

“Arrga!” Dianna ran out of the room, bounced off a wall, and down the stairs, toppling onto Sabrina. Vicky ran in, and I slammed the door before I could see Sabrina’s demise. The sounds were enough to bear.

“Oh god! I’m next!” Vicky shook her legs.

“Quiet. We are going to live through this, even if it’s the last thing I do! The thing we have to do is prevent Diane from escaping. It is our job,” I said in a brave voice, “To save the world.”

Another few grunts passed, and it grew silent.

“Did she,” Meaghan choked up, “die?”

It remained quiet. Vehicles on their morning route can be heard now, and not a peep from our infected friend.

“Ah, screw saving the world, let’s just stop Diane.” Trinity nudged the door open.

“Come on, Jen” Vicky pushed by Sabrina, whose fate is lost, and climbed the stairs.

“Wow, the apocalypse is finally starting! And we’ll be here to witness it!” Meg handed me a pool stick. “You’ll need this.”

“I don’t know if that’s a good thing, Meg.” I looked at her suspecting. She just shrugged. “I can believe we’re fighting our friend,”

“We are saving the world, remember?” she rolled her eyes and headed upstairs, with a pool stick trailing behind her.