Chapter 8: More tests to Run...

My professor had quite an idea going on; mixing medications that slow down the virus’s infection rate. I added the cloudy ointment to the infected blood sample. The virus detached themselves bit by bit from the white blood cells. Then, everything stopped moving, making my breath lost. This medicine was so potent; it killed the virus and blood cells!

Even though the blood cells stopped working, this is the first drug ever to kill the virus! I can’t even begin to express my happiness. I bounce as I poured some medication into a vial, and set aside a container for later in a cabinet.

My heart fluttered and picked up speed as I strolled through the corridors, above all. I looked around. No one was in the halls! Then it came to me; most of the people here are either way older than me; the teachers, or younger than I. Classes started today, even though it’s the beginning of June.

After I stopped to use the bathroom, I turned a corner almost too sharply and a veined face jumped towards mine. All I had time for is to cover my face with my free arm.

The female zombie’s teeth tore through my skin, and into my ulna. A loud pierce flew from somewhere. I kicked her back onto the floor, and stumbled back amazed. That I screamed.

Without thinking, I turned around and ran away. Into the bathroom I went, bumping into any wall possible. I started to rip off toilet paper off rolls and rubbed my wrist. It burned, making matters worse. I backed up and again ran off. As I turned another corner, I slammed into another body. What? Another zombie?!

Turns out, it was Lucinda, a bitter, young woman I always clashed with. She happened to be carrying a vial of her own, and it dropped from her hand and shattered on the floor, glass flying around our feet. I quickly hid my arm behind my back.

“Oh my god!” she shrieked, “Look at what you did!” she took a nasty swipe at my hand and my vial clattered to the floor.

“I have plenty of that where it came from,” I barked at her.

“Ugh!” Lucinda spun around and click, click, clack stomped her heels away. I knelt down and picked up my vial, but the ointment inside oozed out of a large crack up and down the container it was in.

“Oh no,” I moaned, and my wrist started to bruise and swell. I didn’t know what to do, but probably because there’s nothing I can do. Once bitten always bitten, Meaghan always says. God knows what she’s going to say about this. My eyes were heavy; I yawned, and blackness surrounded me.