Chapter 5: My friend is a zombie!

Screams erupted into the morning air. Diane was feeding already. 

“Jennifer! Look out!”  Vicky yelled and ran away from the scene behind bushes. Common sense told me to turn around. Low and behold, Diane came bolting at me like a lunatic. She tackled me to the grass, snapping vigorously at my face. What held her back was my pool stick, pushing against her neck.

Meaghan came up to her and kicked her in the stomach. Dianna snapped her head at her and threw herself at Meaghan.  Responsively, I sprung up and jabbed her with the stick as she grabbed my friend’s shoulders.  It pierced her head and slid out the other end.

“Ew! Gross!” Meaghan pulled at her light blue shirt where there were bloody handprints. Diane stumbled onto the ground, and I shoved the pool stick into her skull again, and again, and again.

Hands clutched my shoulders. “Jenny! Jenny! JENNY!” Meg shook me.

“Gah!” I stared ahead wide-eyed. Then I looked down, saw my friend, and pulled at my pajama pant legs, which were splattered, with blood. “Well,” I breathed, “That was very easy.”

“Uh, Jen?” she backed up a little, “We only killed on zombie, our friend. She infected others, who will die and reanimate.”

I looked down at her, and she flicked her blond hair. My knees buckled, and my hands grabbed the grass. I smiling before, at the fact that I saw a zombie, but I thought it was only that and done. No, now the world will be gut eating monsters within months. I should’ve been my sis, living on an armed hill, away from danger like this. Instead, I now have to deal with the zombie apocalypse. Perhaps become a flesh consumer myself! If I got out here a moment sooner….Oh why me of all people?