Chapter:6

^^^^^Here's what Dallas's camper looks like^^^^^

Cursing from outside woke me up. I rested my ankle for a week before getting back into the swing of things. After Ace woke up he had a terrible hangover and a butt whooping from his dad he came by, got his clothes and went home saying he won't do that again. I got up peeking out the window. Another day in the rodeo world. I got dressed for a jog and went out. Another set of feet joined alongside mine. I looked over seeing Charlie. "Mind if I went with you?" He asked.

"Nah." I said. It didn't take long to jog twice around the grounds before we went back to my camper. "What next?" He asked. "Don't know. What do you usually do after jogging?" I asked. "Rest." He said. "Then could you do pushups until you can't stand the burn?" I asked. "Your on sugar." He said before dropping. I did too getting just as far as he did. I then started doing sit ups. He did the same. "How fit are you?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Depends on how fit you are." I said. He wasn't afraid to show how fit he was. I'm pretty sure I'll have dreams about how fit he is. "Your turn sugar." He said stretching. I had to show off mine. "Seriously?" He asked. "What?" I asked. "You have a better body than most of the guys here." He said. I chuckled at his comment. "And what would be the downside of it?" I asked. "I don't think you want to know." He said.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't." I said. "Do you honestly want to know?" He asked. I thought for a minute before saying no. "That's probably the answer you need to keep." He said. He stood up and pulled me to my feet. "I'll see you later then?" He asked. "Yeah. You and your dad coming by for food?" I asked. "Most likely." He said rubbing the back his neck. "See ya later." He said before going to his trailer.

I went inside my camper and looked in the mirror. I lifted my shirt up seeing the almost eight pack. Yes I eat healthy most of the time and exercise during my free time when I'm not practicing or reading. I'm not looking feminine anymore. If I lost the girls and had my private parts replaced I'd look like a man. I brushed the thought off and looked in the fridge then cabinets. I'm out of food. "Perfect." I said before changing and getting a list together of what I needed.

I grabbed one of my caps from my cap drawer and stepped out. As much as I want to take my truck I don't want my spot taken. A truck rolled to a stop next to mine. "Going somewhere?" Charlie asked rolling the window down. "Yeah. Groceries." I said. "Same. Hop in." He said. He let me into the truck. "Your lucky you caught me leaving." He said. "Yeah. I was more worried bout losing my spot." I said. "Understand that." He said before the ride became deathly silent.

We got there and got out. He went one way while I went the other. I found what I needed and decided to go ahead and get the food for tonight. Last night of rodeo, no leftovers. I got a pint of milk and a bag of chips. I didn't bother with raw meat so I went with canned salmon. I got a small bag of cornmeal and a six pack of eggs. I then went and got a bottle of vegetable oil deciding to go with fried salmon patties and fries. I quickly finished and then remembered deodorant and razors along with feminine products.

I quickly got the things and was halfway checked out when I spotted Charlie looking for me. I quickly paid before gathering up my bags. "Not much." He said. "I'll buy more before the next rodeo." I said. "So what's for tonight?" He asked. "You'll see." I said. I put my stuff on the passenger side of the truck before getting in. He dropped me off at my camper before continuing on. I took my stuff inside and put everything away before watching tv until lunch. I then went out and started up my fryer. I put the oil in it and started making the patties.

The empty spot from someone moving spots became occupied by a horse trailer. I threw as many in as I could. "Smells good Dall." Bobby said coming up. "Thought it would." I said. Charlie came up beside him. "Salmon?" He asked. "What do you think it is fried shrimp?" I asked. He shrugged. Once the patties were done I threw in a small bag of fries. Once everything was done we sat in lawn chairs and ate. "So where exactly do you live?" Bobby asked.

"Comanche, Texas. Thirty seven minutes from Stevensville." I answered. Charlie muttered something. "So what do you think bout the rodeo life so far?" Bobby asked. "It's good. Different than what I was told bout it." I said. "Yeah. You find some of the good guys and you'll be taken care of. You show your strength and don't mess with anyone you'll make it farther than one is bragging bout his or her place." Bobby told me. I nodded.

"Makes perfect sense especially if you love bragging. You never want to get beat up by a cowboy that wishes he got your score, but since your the only girl, you won't get beat up by a guy. They'll get annoyed by how much you brag and will do other things depending on how aggravated they are." Charlie said before taking a bite. "He right. You don't want to be bragging saying how bad your showing them all up as the weaker gender." Bobby said.

"Learned that lesson from my rodeo team after I got excited after my first eight second ride. A guy got mad and two guys from the team had to hold him back before they both talked to me bout what could happen." I said. "Sounds like you grew up with them." Bobby said. "Yes sir. They see me as a little sister." I said as I finished.