Chapter:21

I woke up with an arm around my waist. The doctor said I was lucky I only got a low key concussion and slightly sprained my riding wrist. Since arriving home Bobby has been showing me how to ride using my less dominate hand. I sat up and sat on the edge of the bed. I looked down at my wrist before getting out of bed. I used the bathroom and got dressed. "Sugar." I looked back at the bed.

He motioned for me to go over to him. "This year has been amazing with you. I can't wait to see what is in store for you and I next year. Do you still know I love you?" He asked. "Of course." I said. "You know I still love you?" I asked. He pulled me to him. "I'm so glad we made that promise to each other. It made it so easy to know that you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with." He said.

I sat up from the laying position to look at him. "It's only been a little under a year." I said. "Still your amazingly beautiful and smart. Even though we have little spats every now and then, don't we always resolve them so we're not mad at each other for more than a few minutes?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered. "And when either one gets hurt aren't we there for the other?" He asked. "Yeah." I answered.

"Even sickness, aren't we taking care of each other?" He asked. He's now referring to when I got sick at the end of June after I had rode before we were supposed to hit the road. Then during Calgary he got sick and I took care of him. "Yeah." I answered. He kissed me. "Then what would happen if we split and tried to date other people?" He asked. "It wouldn't work out." I told him.

"I think that's the best reason to stay together." He said pulling me back to him. "What are we going to do today?" I asked him. Thanksgiving was tomorrow and we had to get ready to go to NFR once more. This time I'm just bareback bronc riding. "Why not go practice and hang around here?" He asked. I giggled. "I love your laugh sugar." He said chuckling. I leaned over kissing him.

"Come on let's get up. It's your turn to cook breakfast while I feed the horses." I told him. "Yes ma'am." He said getting up.

He finished locking the trailer up with his three horses inside

He finished locking the trailer up with his three horses inside. Thanksgiving was spent with his parents and family then both families are gathering with several friends once more for the Christmas party. I got into the truck him following. I'm letting him drive the first half of the trip. Hopefully we make it to the T&M Center to put his horses up and get them settled in before the dinner and number ceremony.

Eighteen hours later including bathroom breaks, we were at the T&M center unloading his horses and getting them settled. We then unhitched the trailer, locking the hitch up before going to the hotel getting a room. We both showered and got dressed for tonight. I put on a bit of makeup before a set of arms wrapped around me. "Ready for tonight?" He asked. "Yeah." I told him.

We then walked down to the lobby for meet and greet. Charlie definitely loved having me right next to him. I felt my butt grabbed. I looked back seeing the one cowboy that shouldn't of gotten here and he grabbed my butt! "Hey Charlie I'm going to go say hi to Cactus." I told him. He let me go knowing who I was talking about. I spotted him with a girl. I lightly punched him in the back.

"What's up Dallas?" He asked. "Davidson's here." I told him. "How?" He asked. "That's what I'm wondering. He grabbed my butt while I was standing with my boyfriend. If I'm at the same table as him I'm going to blow a fuse. In other words I'm going to hurt him for that concussion and sprained wrist then for last year." I told him. "Good luck to ya girl. Tell Charlie I said hi." He said. "Definitely will." I told him.

I went back to Charlie and hooked a thumb in one of his belt loops. He pulled me closer with an arm around me. "What did Cactus say?" He asked. "He said to tell you hi." I said. I felt my butt grabbed again and that time jumped. Charlie looked back at who made me jump. He had a set jaw and looked like he could kill someone. He wrapped his other arm around me. I did the same.

We then went to find our seats. Luckily Cactus was at my table. Unluckily Andrew was at the same table. I was right between the two. I asked Cactus to switch me seats. His girlfriend was at the same table so there was no way he was going to. Charlie was on the other side of the room. How in the world did Andrew even get here? It didn't take long for dinner to be served. I struck up a conversation with Cactus and his girlfriend about certain topics.

I felt my thigh grabbed. I kicked out at Davidson. The farther it went to my area the meaner I was going to be. That area belongs to one person only. When he was about to grab me there I kicked him as hard as I could. He tried again to grab me completely and I stood up excusing myself to use the restroom. I texted Charlie to meet me by the bathrooms. He did asking what was wrong first.

"Davidson is at my table sitting right beside me trying to grope me. I kicked him, I've made myself look uncomfortable, I'm not taking it anymore. If he tries one more thing I'm going to tell an official here and have him removed. There's no way he could have gotten enough points since Calgary to even make NFR." I told him. "Well one thing he did was mess with my girl last year at NFR. This year it was that accident in October and now this. He should have been expelled from coming at all." He said quietly.

"I'll tell one of the officials standing near my table. If you do it he'll get suspicious and act immediately by dragging you right back here and possibly into the bathroom. I don't want that to happen to you. I'm going to need you to tell me your table number." He said. "Twelve. I'm in the third row from the stage near the wall." I said. He nodded before letting me go. Just as I entered they were calling out names.

I walked slowly until they called my name. I received my number before a commotion broke out from near my table. Andrew was putting up a fight not willingly wanting to leave. Two security guards forced him out. I returned to my table and sat down. Cactus leaned over. "He wasn't supposed to even be here, let alone compete." He said. "I thought it was odd for him to be here."