Chapter:16

I finished cleaning my bronc saddle and rigging along with my halter before putting them away. I took the buckle up to the house. Dad had to leave right after his last bronc was rode. I entered the house with the buckle in its case still. Dad was on the couch watching tv. I placed it on the table in front of him before standing in the way of the tv. I put my hands behind my back watching as he picked up the glass and wooden case containing the buckle with my name on it.

He set it down on the cushion next to him before getting up to hug me. "As long as you come home alive is all that matters now." He said. "I've got another thing to show you out in the tack room." I told him. "Is it larger than the door?" He asked. "No. Mom won't let it in the house." I answered. He followed me out to the tack room. The look on his face when he saw the saddle was priceless. He ran his hand over the leather. Then chuckled.

"You are the son I never had. "What's the plan for next year?" He asked. "Probably learn some new tricks and get to NFR once again." I said. "I've got something for you." Dad said leading the way out. "I saw how much you and him truly interact this entire week. Bobby and I even had a talk bout you two. So, Bobby and I put cash together and bought that property twenty minutes from here and their place. It's already got a horse shed and everything. Only thing, you have to pay rent the months you two are there." He said.

I nodded. "Go get packed to move there. It's prefurnished, and Christmas between the families will be held there." He told me. "Yes sir." I said before he handed me the key. I went to my room packing most of my winter clothes. I then took them out to my truck. I loaded it down and took my gear with me. My parents hugged me before letting me leave. I set out with the directions dad told me.

I found the place and pulled in. I saw the horse shed and the larger than life house. I went up to the door and unlocked the door. I had to take my boots off for the fear of tracking in anything. Boxes and bags from Hobby Lobby, Target, and Walmart were everywhere. I looked through the boxes and bags seeing it was all Christmas stuff. A note on the fridge caught my eye. "Dallas and Charlie, please decorate this house for the Christmas party and family gathering for Christmas. It needs to be completely done by the twentieth of December. Your parents.

I found the tree and found an X on the floor in front of the window without curtains. I went back through the bags finding holiday themed curtains. I strung them onto the rods before the door opened. "I see you got here before me." Charlie said taking his boots off. "Yeah. Our parents decided this upon us to do. Think you can help me with this?" I asked holding up half the rod.

"Decorating!" He said sounding enthusiastic. I chuckled as he helped me hang the rod back up. I fixed the curtains before I was pulled from the step stool. "When does this need to be done?" He asked his arms holding me in a tight grip. "The twentieth." I told him. "Then I guess we better get to going. We've got two days." He said letting me go. He went to put the lights up on the house and make it look festive. I put the tree up and evenly decorated it. Two different strings of lights and over three dozen decorative balls, the tree was looking Christmasy.

I found a Christmas music station and rearranged the furniture. I put the couches around the fireplace with a festive rug out. The sitting area and dining area. Then I went and used holly garlands to give it a pop of green against the cream colored walls. "It's missing something." Charlie said coming in. He took his boots off before coming over with a stick of cinnamon, some real holly, and various other Christmas scented plants. He started a pecan wooded fire and threw the things in.

"Little scent secret I learned from my mom." He said. In no time it smelled like winter and Christmas. He helped me with the rest of it before we both fell onto one couch. He pulled me up onto his lap. "Smells good, looks beautiful, I'd say do finishing touches tomorrow and see how it looks." He said. "Oh. I can test out the tree and holly lights now." I said. I had already set the timer to five in the evening to three in the morning. I plugged the timer in seeing the lights light up on the tree and the holly.

I then went into the dining room plugging that one in too. The holly on the walls lit up. "Looks absolutely stunning." Charlie told me. "Pinterest helped." I said. He kissed my cheek. "We can finish tomorrow. I'll cook us supper while you shower." He said. I turned in his arms and kissed him before going to find the master bedroom. I found it and saw it had hand soap, bath towels, and body washes along with shampoos and conditioners. I then went to the dresser seeing two sets of pjs.

I found the ones in my size. Then in the drawer below was a package of underwear for each of us. I had to laugh at the designs on the boxer briefs. I then went to get a shower. When I was done I got dressed and went to the kitchen. "Those are cute sugar." He said. "You have not seen yours yet." I said. He sighed. "Go get a shower and I'll watch it while you do." I said.

He reluctantly agreed and went to shower. "Least no one in particular besides you will be seeing these." He said. "Yeah. And cute underwear." I said. He looked at me with a curious look. "I don't want to know." He finally said. "Which ones did you go with? The ones with the bells on them or the ones with candy canes?" I asked. "Neither. The ones with the nuts." He mumbled. I had to giggle.

"Yeah. I thank my parents." He said. I laughed even harder. "So which ones did you go with. The nuts or the candy canes?" He asked. "The ones with the bells." I answered. He chuckled. "With the matching bra?" He asked. I giggled. "Not yet for that." I told him. He chuckled. "Maybe after a year." He said.