Chapter:25

Charlie stood in the doorway watching as I pulled the pillow to me. "Comfortable sugar?" He asked coming over to me. I nodded. He planted a kiss to my forehead. "Think I should continue the long list of promises?" He asked. I nodded. I'd love to hear the rest of them. "The first one is that after you have my last name you can use it anywhere. The second one is that I will still wait until your completely ready for sex. Third, I will never leave you when your in a troubling time. How many more do you truly want to hear?" He asked as he took his jeans off.

"You could tell me one per day until we get married and if that's not enough time you can continue until you've said them all." I said as he slipped into the bed. "Are you going to sleep in your clothes?" He asked. I sat up and slid off the bed before talk my skirt and blouse off before grabbing the tee shirt in the floor that belonged to him. I got back into bed and took the ring off setting it next to my phone and curling up next to him. He wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Did you enjoy today?" He asked. I nodded against his shoulder. He pulled me onto his body. I rested my hands under his shoulders hooking them on the tops. He hooked his arms under my bottom. My head was on his shoulder and my hips were on his. He kissed my temple settling down onto the bed farther. I sighed before my phone started ringing. "Good grief can't we go to sleep?" Charlie asked. I chuckled as I checked the caller ID.

I turned do not disturb on then went back over to him. I laid back down on top of him the same way as before making sure to kiss him goodnight.

"So what dates do the two of you have for the wedding?" My mom asked as we sat on the couch

"So what dates do the two of you have for the wedding?" My mom asked as we sat on the couch. I was looking through Pinterest for some ideas of what I wanted. Charlie was out back with my dad grilling and lightly drinking. He's not a bad drinker just nothing heavy and he's alright. "We haven't decided yet. Sometime before Rodeo Houston. That's as far as we got." I said. "I'm going to talk to him." She said standing.

"No your not. We're also working around his family's schedule too. Not all of them can go if we hold it at a certain time. We may even do it during spring break so it won't be a bigger hassle." I said jumping up to stand in the way of the door. "Then you better get a date set so I know when to have your dress in." She said. "Already got it. Wanted something plain and simple and that's what I got." I told her. Truth was I had ordered a simple white gown and it was having a layer of lace being put on it.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Mom. It fits perfectly. It's how I want it. I even got another person's opinion on it before even buying it." I told her. "You shouldn't of bought the dress until you know the set date!" She told me. "It's going to be done by February eighteenth. I didn't want much done and it was also fitted to my waist and breasts. He hasn't seen it. I wanted to surprise you with the dress. Now that you know bout the dress, I can only surprise you with the design." I said.

"You still need to set a date." She said before telling dad they were leaving before supper. "Nah. I'd rather stay here." Dad told her. I went out in one of his Carharts and sat down on the arm of his chair. He pulled me onto his lap while my parents argued. I was sitting sideways on his lap. "What's going on?" He asked. "My mom is mad because I found a dress without taking her shopping with me. Along with the fact that we haven't figured out a date for our wedding." I said.

"When will your dress be ready?" He asked. "The eighteenth of February." I told him. "Then how bout the twenty fourth?" He asked. "That's the weekend before RH." I told him. "I know. It will be the Saturday beforehand. We'll have enough time right after the lunch to finish loading the horses up and hitting the road as newlyweds." He whispered. I leaned closer to him pressing my lips against his. "That'll work for me." I told him.

He kissed me before my dad looked over. "Anything you two want to share?" He asked. "Other than we need to go get cards and envelopes along with stamps, nothing big." I said. Charlie pinched me. "Tell them the date before they go insane." He whispered. "My mom will put it on Facebook." I told him. His mouth formed an 'O.' I nodded wide eyed. He sighed. "Why do you two need to get all of that? I'm sure a date will be fixed for the two of you." My mom said.

I got up and went back inside. Seriously? Could she not? I closed the bedroom door and went into the bathroom closing that door too. A few seconds later a knock rapped on the door. "Dallas. May I come in?" He asked. "I guess." I said. He entered closing the door behind him. "Don't listen to her right now. We've got a date set. Your dad said he's free that weekend, but will have to leave right after. He said that he'd try to stop her from setting a date for us. Don't worry bout it though. We've got a few weeks to tie it all together. Let's just sit down after dinner and get it all together.

"We'll pick out the colors, the flowers and have a wedding designer place it together for us in the reception hall at the church. We'll dance a few times before saying we have to leave and then change and hit the road." He said. "Sounds like we just need to pick colors and flowers." I said. "That's all we have to do sugar." He said before kissing me.