Chapter:10

"Seriously?" He asked. "No joke." I told him. "One more question." He said. "Shoot." I said. "What is the exact date?" He asked. "Exact date of what?" I asked him. "Your birthday." He said as he flipped a steak. "The sixth. The day before NFR starts." I said. "Maybe you and I could room together." He said. I cocked an eyebrow at him. "I absolutely promise to only hold you to me. No clothes being taken off, no showering together, only modest." He said holding his hands up the tongs in one hand.

"Absolutely promise?" I asked. He set the tongs down before turning around and came over to me. He rested his hands on either side of me. "I promise you the entire world that I will not do anything that you do not want to do. Even if we were to share a room or go back and forth between two. I'll let you pick something from the vendors any price. Whether it be a new shirt or a custom set of chaps. I'll get it for you." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. "Absolutely." He said before going back over to the grill. He set the steaks on a cookie sheet before motioning for me to follow. I followed him inside.

"Your not rooming with him

"Your not rooming with him." My dad yelled. "Well he treats me better than you do. I might as well find my own place to reside without you breathing down my neck wanting me to be the son you never had. You never could have." I told him before walking away. I got my own room and went up to it. I threw my stuff onto the floor before getting ready for the dinner along with the number ceremony.

I don't know where exactly I'm seated all I know is that I'm probably seated with the rest of the bronc riders. I put on some light lipsence along with clear gloss and stuck it in my pocket. I put on some waterproof mascara before pulling my boots on and going down to the lobby. MGM is hosting it in one of the grand ballrooms. Hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" Came a voice in a whisper.

I had to giggle. "Is he tall, handsome and is great at roping?" I asked. "I don't know you tell me." He said. I turned around throwing my arms around his neck. Him picking me up. "Happy birthday sugar." He said. "Your the first one today that has said that to me."I said. He kissed my forehead. Then cheek. "Come on let's go find our seats." He said leading the way. He kissed my temple putting his arm around my shoulders.

We both found our seats at separate tables right next to each other. My entire table was filled with other men. Two bull riders, two team ropers on the same team, two calf ropers and another guy I knew did both bronc riding comps. "Congrats girl on making it here. I wish you luck." He said. "Thanks. You too." I said. It started a few minutes later. The food was served.

We ate and talked about certain topics avoiding others because I was at the table. In other words the women they've screwed and how big of a stick they got and how big their egos are. I hid the slight smirk on my face as they all passed around glances. I felt a tap on my chair. I looked back seeing Charlie. "Getting tired of them?" He asked quietly. "Text me. I need something to distract myself." I told him.

'Are they driving you crazy?' He asked.
'No. They're sharing glances like who's going to be the first to lay her?' I texted back.
'Really? Your my girl. No one gets to do anything with you except me. They just have way too big of an ego and your little butt is still a virgin so their going to be having a competition for who gets to lay you first.' He texted.
'Not going to happen though. I've already got a guy in mind that I want to be spending my nights with. Oh. Do you have your own room?' I asked.
'No was going to get one after the ceremony.' He answered. They started calling out names and numbers.
'I've got a room if you want to share.' I said.
'I'll pay you back for six of those nights.' He said just before my name was called. Alphabetical order.

I went up accepted my number, shanking the guy's hand before going back to my seat. 'They were betting on who would get to you first.' He texted. After his name was called we sat there texting nonstop. The two sitting on either sides of me tried to peer over at my screen. One thing I can say is that I kept chuckling at the texts Charlie was sending me. The other five were giving each other odd looks.

"Would you two lay off. It's my boyfriend texting me. He's making sure you seven don't try anything." I said. "Oh. Who is he then?" One of the bull riders asked a little too loudly. 'Tell him that I will come over there and make sure that they know who I am.' He said. I giggled. "There she goes giggling again!" One of them said. "Why? Don't like me laughing?" I asked. They became quiet. "I'd keep the remarks to myself if I was you." I said just before we were dismissed for the night.

I stood up and went right to Charlie who had his arm waiting to be put around me. I looked back at the seven seeing scowls on their faces. Once on the floor his family was staying on I busted out laughing. "What's so funny?" He asked. "The looks on those guys faces when they saw that you were the guy right behind me." I said. He looked back. Then leaned down. "I wouldn't of said anything till we got to the room sugar." He said. "One's behind us." I said.

"Yup and he looks kinda ticked." He whispered before inserting a room key. He pulled me in before gathering his stuff up quickly before peeking out leaving the key and having me show him the way to the room I'm staying in. Before I could even get to it four stood in front of us and looking behind three. Oh. Really. This is not even nice. "So. This is the boyfriend. I thought he was gay."