Chapter:18

I turned my Spotify on and went into my Christmas music close to time. Christmas cookies came on. I was pretty much dancing to the music. Hands on my hips made me stop. "Those look good sugar." He said before taking a hot one. I hit his stomach as he sucked in a breath trying to cool his mouth. He then tried to get me to dance with him to Duck the Halls. We both were laughing as the song came to an end.

"I sure do love Christmas cookies sugar." He said before kissing me. "They went to get dressed for tonight. Meaning we have to as well." He said. "One more batch. And no more until after dinner." I told him. "Yes ma'am." He said reaching around me. I swatted his arm as he took off running with yet another cookie. I had to giggle. I stuck the last batch in before setting a timer. Once it went off I quickly put the cooled ones in a container and scraped the now cooled ones off into the container.

I closed the lid as Kate and my mom came back in dressed in their own party attire. "Please make sure the guys stay out of them." I said. I then went to get dressed. Charlie was out of the shower letting me hop in. I quickly showered using twisted peppermint body wash and shaving my legs then once out I used the twisted peppermint ultra shea body cream on my legs and arms. I then pulled my underwear and bra on before poking my head out.

The room was clear. I went to the closet and found the shirt. I put it on and found the skirt. Only. For my boyfriend. I put some ankle socks on before my boots. I made sure my shirt was tucked in nicely before putting the belt on. I found the matching necklace, bracelet and earrings to my ring. I then fixed my hair nice. Deodorant was the first thing I had on. I put on my blu-red lipsense with matte gloss and some mascara.

"Woah." I turned to see Charlie standing there looking handsome in a bright green wrangler shirt. His hair was combed through and he had on a pair of jeans that hugged his hips with his belt. A pair of dark boots accommodated his feet. "You look absolutely stunning sugar." He said pulling me to him. "Think she'll get mad?" I asked. "I know she will, but my mom said that you don't need to be wearing heels. None of the women except your mom is wearing heels." He said.

He then led me out of the bedroom and down the hall. I could hear guests already here. They were complimenting on the decorating. "You did well with the house sugar." He said as we entered the kitchen. Then to the living area. My mom already looked uncomfortable in the heels and dress she was wearing. "So who's idea was the shirt?" I asked. "My mom's. She saw the dress and found a shirt that had the exact same detailing as the dress." He whispered.

Christmas music played throughout the house. Charlie immediately swept me into a two step as Hairy Christmas from the Duck the Halls played. He spun me around as we continued to dance missing a step or two here and there on purpose to make me laugh. Dinner was called ready. Charlie let me take his arm, him leading the way. Each place at the table had a card. My dad winked at me as Charlie led me to our seats.

Mom was next to dad and Kate next to Bobby. Laura was next to Bobby and Charlie and I next to her. Trey sat across from Charlie. Then the guests filled in their seats. Mom honestly didn't look like she was enjoying her time. A prayer was spoken to thank the Lord for this amazing year and for new and old friends. Once Amen was said the food was passed around. A knock came to the door. An empty place was next to dad. Dad asked me if I could answer the door.

I stood up and went to answer the door. There behind the door was someone I didn't expect to see. I hugged him tightly as he picked me up for a hug. He set me down. The only other male figure in my life my dad's little brother. Dressed in camouflage and happy to see us. I led the way back to the table. "Sorry I'm a little late the plane just landed." He said sitting down next to dad. I went back to my seat next to Charlie as he looked at me curiously.

"It's my uncle." I said. He still looked at me oddly. "He's a sergeant in the army. This is the first year in ten years that my uncle has came home." I said. He gave a light smile. After dinner the desserts were set out in kitchen. "May I have cookies now sugar?" Charlie asked me. "Yes you may." I answered. He kissed my forehead before getting a few. Several couples were dancing. "Is this the man my brother told me bout Dally?" My uncle asked coming up. "Yes sir. He is." I answered.

"Charlie Mote. Sir. Thank you for serving for us." He said. "Thank you son. I'm glad to see the family. Would you mind if I danced with my niece?" My uncle asked. "No sir." Charlie told him as my uncle led me out onto the floor. Silent night played softly in the background. "The Motes are very nice and welcoming. I'm sure you found the right guy. How did you enjoy traveling by yourself?" He asked.

"I was never alone. I had friends around me. Bobby and Charlie let me travel with them after my truck was crashed. I was lucky they were behind me." I said. "I'm glad." He said. Then spun me once into Charlie's arms. "I wouldn't look up you two." My uncle said. We both looked up seeing mistletoe. "I didn't put it there sugar." Charlie said. "Me neither." I giggled. He leaned down to kiss me. Deepening it a bit.