Chapter:8

I was woken up by someone rubbing my arm. "Dallas." I looked over seeing Charlie. Realization hit me. My truck was totaled, my camper is gone. I'm traveling with the Mote's. "Do you need to use the bathroom?" He asked. I nodded. I unbuckled before getting out. I partially stumbled before catching myself. Hands caught my arms. "You good?" He asked. "Yeah. Just been sitting too long." I said.

I walked in perfectly, used the bathroom, got a drink and snack before going up to the counter. I pulled out my catchfly wallet about to pay when a hand took it and placed drinks along with snacks on the counter. "I've got it." Charlie said from behind me. I couldn't argue because he had my wallet. He paid and stuck my wallet in my back pocket before taking the sack full of stuff. I followed him.

"Seriously?" I asked once out of the convenience store. "Would you like for me to take your wallet again? I didn't know you were into girly things." He said teasing. I kicked him when he was standing still. "Ow. Seriously? Just for that you don't get your stuff." He said. I snagged the bag from him before taking off running. I made it to the truck before he could. I locked the doors so he couldn't get in.

"Are you kidding me?" He asked. Bobby tapped on the window. I let him in making sure to lock the doors back quickly. "Let him in." Bobby said. I unlocked the doors. Charlie opened the door to the passenger side. "Now may I have my seat?" He asked. "No. You can sit in the backseat." I said. He gave in and sat in the backseat. I looked in the rear view mirror. "Are you pouting?" I asked him.

He shot me a glare. I opened my m&ms and gave him his snack. "Switch the drinks." He said. I switched the drinks. "Anything else?" I asked sarcastically. "Yes. You can rub my feet and be quiet." He smirked. Ooh this is going to be fun. We got to the rodeo grounds and found a parking place. I got out and helped with set up. "Dallas. If you don't mind, could you please go grocery shopping?" Bobby asked.

"Yes sir." I said. He made out a list while I put all of my stuff away. He then gave it to me. I went out with the keys. "Mind if I go along?" Charlie asked. "Your going to drive me crazy aren't you?" I asked. "I'll try not to. If we split up with half the list each we'll be able to get everything in half the time." He said. "Ok if you let me drive." I said. "Ok." He said letting me. He went with me, got all of the groceries and got back.

Bobby had to have him go outside with him while I was left to put groceries away.

Charlie

"Tell me what's up." Dad said as soon as we were at the back of the trailer. I leaned back against it. "Tell me." He commanded. "Ok. I like her." I said. "Do you know if she's eighteen?" He asked. I nodded. "She's seventeen. Eighteen in four months. I can wait it out." I told him. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes. I won't do anything. I really like her." I said. "You better. If I catch you two doing anything while she's underage I will ensure that you will be traveling by yourself while paying your own way with your own truck, trailer, horses, and tack." Dad said.

I nodded. "Yes sir." I answered.

Dallas

Bobby came in then Charlie. "What's for supper?" Charlie asked. "Your cooking." Bobby said looking at him. I was sitting on the couch with my Gatorade. "Healthy much?" Charlie asked after Bobby went into the bathroom. I lifted my shirt. He rolled his eyes and showed his. "Getting there." I said before getting my workout clothes. Bobby came out and I went in to change.

I came out and said where I was going as I pulled my tennis shoes on. I went out with a water bottle for a jog. I sped up almost running until I couldn't anymore. I let the burn wear in, it disappearing as I continued. Once I finally called it quits my legs were jello. I went in and sat down honestly not caring. "Your supper is in the microwave." Charlie said as he dried his hair with a towel.

"Thanks." I said. "Oh and the shower is open if you want one." He said. "Nah." I said getting my food. "You sure?" He asked. "I'm sure. I'll get one after my first and last rides." I said. "I'd get one every night if I was you." Bobby said. "After you finish eating I would recommend you to get one." I nodded. Once I was done I did as recommended. I then curled up with a blanket on the couch.

A movie was on. I don't know when I fell asleep.