Chapter:23

"Dallas. Wake up sugar. We're home." I lifted my head looking around the lit up cab. "I've got the boys bedded down for the night already." He said while unbuckling me. I wrapped my arms around his neck letting him carry me inside bridal style. When I felt the bed below me, I kicked my boots off before wanting to get under the covers. I felt Charlie's hands on my waist undoing my belt and taking my jeans off then the shirt.

I then felt the bed dip and my body was pulled to his. I rolled over cuddling up to him. He sighed kissing the top of my head. I kept my arms to my chest as his fingers grazed my back. I sighed falling deeper into sleep.

I tilted my head to look at the mantle

I tilted my head to look at the mantle. I had found some nice decorations for it and was now trying to figure out how to put them up. Charlie was up on the roof putting Christmas lights up. I gave up and started baking. I made over six dozen sugar cookies and iced every single one of them before I heard the front door open and close. "Smells good in here." Charlie said as he took his boots off. He stood in the doorway stretching and smelling.

"Sure love those sugar cookies sugar." He said before taking a few. "Hey." I yelled. "Yeah?" He asked stepping back into the kitchen. "I need your input." I said before having him follow me. I tilted my head again. "I don't know how those are going to sit." I told him. He went up to the mantle fixing them before saying not to worry anymore. "And it's your turn to cook supper." I told him going back into the kitchen. I put the cookies in containers and put them in the only cabinet that locks.

He looked defeated and had a pouty face. "No cookies until after supper." I told him taking the key with me. I took it into the bathroom with me to shower. When I was done I got out and dressed in one of his tee shirts and a pair of leggings. I hid the key in my sports bra before entering the kitchen. Charlie was just about done with our meal when I noticed the cabinet was wide open. He was slowly chewing on something. "Did you find a way to get into the cookies?" I asked him.

"No." He muffled. I held a smirk. I went up to him. He swallowed whatever was in his mouth before looking back at me. "How did you?" I asked putting my arms around his waist. I pulled a screwdriver from his waistband. "I used that to tighten a few knobs." He said. "Mhm." I took it back to the garage putting it up. I then went back and ate with him. He got a shower before we both curled up on the couch watching a Christmas movie.

I ended up falling asleep on his shoulder near the end of the movie. I woke up in bed next to him the next morning. He kissed me with sleepy eyes and morning breath. I chuckled at how tired he still was from NFR. He pulled me closer to him rolling onto his back. "It's so amazing waking up next to you sugar." He rasped. That husky morning voice. He rubbed my back before pulling me flush onto him. I sat up straddling him.

I felt something poking me in the butt as I sat on his hips. He sat up making me fall onto his legs. That thing was now between my legs and right up against my sensitive area. I could tell he was slightly uncomfortable with our position. I moved down to his thighs. He pulled me back to him. "I don't mind getting out of my comfort zone for you sugar." He said holding me close to him. I rested my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

I almost started dozing off at the sound and rhythm of it. "What are we doing today?" He asked. "Don't know. Maybe a trail ride, finish decorating, get ready for the upcoming Christmas party." I said. He kissed my cheek trailing kisses down to my collarbone. Man do I love this man.