We're Not The Same

*Udyan's pov*

It's been a little while since the attack. We had Lord Fourths and Lord Thirds funeral three days after everything. Naruko's shut herself off to everyone. Even Naruto. Selena has been a bit down but she still speaks to me. I'm glade she's not closed off like Naruko. Everything was going fine. Or as fine as it can.

Naruto and Lord Jiraiya went to find Lady Tsunade a week ago. They made it back yesterday and she's becoming Hokage today. We've all arrived at the ceremony but Selena, Naruko and I stayed in the back. We made sure to stay as far away from the shadows as possible because of Shikamaru.

"I have a feeling...we're going to be leaving soon... meet me later, by the waterfall." Naruko says with a seriousness to her tone.

"Alright." Selena says sighing.

"What for?" I ask curiously.

"I'll explain there." She sighs annoyed.

"Now to name the Chunin who have passed!" Lady Tsunade calls in a strong voice. "Nara Shikamaru! Uzumaki Naruko! That's all." She holds up two new head bands and Chunin vests.

"Hm? But we both forfeited in the middle of our matches?" Naruko asks standing in front of her with Shikamaru.

"Just because you forfeit doesn't mean you lost. You both were stuck in a situation that you couldn't get out of. You did a reasonable thing." She says sighing annoyed.

"Thank you, Lady Tsunade, Fifth Hokage." They bow and walk off stage not long after.

"I actually made it..." Naruko says shocked.

"Of course you did." I reply smirking at her. "You're Naruko Uzumaki! The greatest kunoichi of all times!"

"You're over exaggerating Udyan.. I'm not great." Naruko says with a deadpanned look.

"Neh! What happened to the fun loving Naruko?" I complain with fake tears. "Even more so, where's the amazingly, strong, yet kind Selena? You've been meaner lately." I pout.

"We're not the same, Udyan..." They say in unison. "We've lost everything."

"Correction, you haven't lost me. Stop being so mellow dramatic. I love you both, we're not just a team, we're family. We'll always stick by one another." I say pulling them both towards me and hugging them.

"The ceremony is over. Let's go to the waterfall. Split up for now and make sure you're not followed." Naruko says sternly. We nod and she disappears first.

"I'll see you there." I say to Selena as I let go of her.

"Yeah." She sighs. She walks the opposite way going around.

*Naruko's pov*

As I disappeared to the waterfall I sat outside of the hideout for a little bit waiting for the others. It was about ten minutes before Udyan arrived.

"Where's Selena?" He asks confused.

"Probably taking a different route. Were you followed?" I ask carefully.

"No. I don't think so. I didn't feel anyone." He says looking around. I nod and he comes to sit by me. We sit in silence for a little bit before Selena walks out of the bushes.

"Eh, sorry I'm late. I looped around to make sure I wasn't followed." She says smiling. I nod and motion the both to follow me.

"Careful of the traps." I say pointing several out.

"What are we doing here?" Selena asks looking around.

"Relax, we're here to speak with someone we thought was dead. He's been keeping an ear open, listening for information for me." I say slightly laughing. "I'd have said he's keeping an eye open and watching over us but he— ouch!" I yell as something hits me smack in the face.