Interview || @alyssiiamarie

Our 17th contest has come and gone with an awesome winner, ! Their ad stunned us all and it was simply beautiful! It almost made us wish we were actual publishers!

Want to see their really beautiful ad that won them the 17th contest?

What are we asking? Of course you do!

If not, why? Really why?

Either way, here is the super awesome ad:

Isn't it just super beautiful?!

Anyway, we decided to interview them as one the many prizes.

Now, we present to you, their interview [Hey! That rhymed right?]

When did you start making graphics? Why?

I started making graphics around 5 years ago, when I was on another site writing stories and fanfictons. I usually made a few for myself, but eventually ventured into making graphics for others so I can broaden my portfolio. I consider myself a bit of an intermediate designer.

Who inspired you to make graphics?

She's a tad bit older than me, but there was this designer on a previous site named Eva. Her [Eva] manipulations and banners were to die for, and I wanted to be that great at it (I'm slowly getting there).

Who's your favorite designer on Wattpad?

Currently, I'd have to say seventhstar (AKA Stefanie Saw), and solidarity_ . They have such professional designs, and such creativity, that I just can't help but admire their works from afar.

What do you find amazing about making graphics?

I think the great thing about making graphics is the art of it. You can only do so much with your imagination as an author, and this is just another art medium.

Which program do you use? Any tricks on that program you know?

For a short time I used Photoshop, but I sought out another inexpensive alternative and began using GIMP (although, that's where I started out). Using PS has actually helped me a lot with this transition, and my graphics have certainly improved since then.

Favo(u)rite thing to design?

Cover art has always been my favorite, especially the manipulated kind.

Any advice?

Just make sure you love what you're doing.