Graphic Competition Winner - TS |S2|

Talent Search |Season 2| just almost ended with a big bang and we crowned our very second Graphic Competition Winner!

Throughout the Graphic Competition, this person made fabulous graphics! Their entries were freaking mind-blowing and the crazy prompts we gave didn't stop them.

If you haven't guessed or didn't know already, the winner of the very second Graphic Competition part of Talent Search - Season 2 is saturatedssunrise!!!

Here's the interview:

1. When did you start making graphics? Why?

I made my first graphic when I published my first story 'When We Collide' on wattpad. I found it really fun, and kept playing around with canva (the website I originally started on) and made more and more covers.

2. Who inspired you to make graphics?

Uhmm, I don't think it was one person, or one thing in particular. I guess, I just fell in love with graphic designing gradually, as I did it time and time again.

3. Who's your favourite designer on Wattpad?

It depends really, I get into different styles of graphics at different times. But my favourites would be clairesofieEndlessheights and truants

4. What do you find amazing about making graphics?

After I got really into graphic designing, I feel like I noticed more things around me. Like I pay more attention to the juxtaposition and lighting of images and texts. Also, I often take more photos of my surroundings, if I think it would be a good stock photo to potentially use for a graphic.

5. How did you come to take part in Graphic Competition?

I actually participated in last years talent search competition, but had to drop out because I got really busy. Also, the Talent Search book came up in my recommended on Wattpad quite often, so naturally, i decided to check it out. :)

6. How was your experience during Graphic Competition, or Talent Search in general?

I loved doing the Graphic Competition, I got to try making graphics I've never made before (the picscam) and had the opportunity to try things I wouldn't have even fathomed. Sometimes, I panicked a bit, upon seeing the prompt, but overall, it was pretty fun !

7. How did you feel when you realised that you had won Graphic Competition?

Shocked. Really really shocked. I couldn't believe the judges thought that I was worthy of winning, there were so many other talented designers taking part. Honestly, I doubted that I'd make it past the first elimination round.

8. Which program do you use? Any tricks on that program you know?

PicMonkey :) (im broke y'all) Advice is probably to try out all the tools and see how they work for you, and to get smoother elements in your cover use the Airbrush tool :). And make yourself comfortable with the touch up tools especially.

9. Favourite thing to design?

ooh. I've never been asked this before. But probably signatures. I feel like when people ask you to make signatures you can kinda get an insight into the person more, because a signature is something they use to represent themselves. Me being a people person, love getting to know my requesters.

Also, signatures are super fun, and you can experiment with them a lot. 

10. Any advice?

I'd say to try different styles, It's good to have a particular style when it comes to graphic designing, but don't hold your self back and try new things. I personally like making covers that are simple and aesthetic, but sometimes I like to spice it up and do thrillers and werewolf covers.

Hope you all enjoyed her interview and take inspiration from it and her graphics!

Until next time!

  Sincerely,Graphics Nation  

  Sincerely,
Graphics Nation