Graphic War Winner - TS |S2|

Talent Search |Season 2| just almost ended with a big bang and we crowned our very first Graphic War Winner!  

  Throughout the Graphic War, this person made fabulous graphics! Their entries were remarkable and the crazy prompts we gave didn't stop them.

  If you haven't guessed or didn't know already, the winner of the very first Graphic War part of Talent Search - Season 2 is stormdancer-!!! 

Here's the interview:

1. When did you start making graphics? Why?

I first started making graphics around march 2017, I can't remember the exact reason but I think either I simply needed some sort of cover for my book or I came across a cover contest which I decided to submit an entry for (it was horrible btw!). Anyway so I ended up joining a couple of cover contests and quickly (because I'm that sort of person) decided to make my own. And so from there I ended up joining more and more contests until I made my own cover entries book which I soon opened up to requests (though hardly anyone requested!)

2. Who inspired you to make graphics?

Who inspired me to make graphics? Well, tbh it just sort of happened... like when I first started designing I had noooooo idea about any of the amazing designers I know about now, I was just an extremely mediocre designer in a sea of mediocre designers, just joining cover contests (none of which I won) and making crappy covers for the heck of it.

3. Who's your favourite designer on Wattpad?

Ugh honestly there are so many amazing designers here on Wattpad, like I honestly can not chose just one, if I started listing my favourite designers the list would go on forever!!

4. What do you find amazing about making graphics?

I love the feeling of creating something from nothing, I love being able to create something beautiful that tells a story and intrigues a reader to want to know more (though mind you, a lot of them don't turn out very beautiful!).

5. How did you come to take part in Graphic War?

I think I found out about this graphic competition when someone tagged me in it, so I decided to check it out and give it a shot!

6. How was your experience during Graphic War, or Talent Search in general?

It was a really fun and rewarding experience to be in the competition, I found the point tower part of it really cool as you could see your progress and it kept you on your toes trying to make sure you weren't falling behind! Anyway, overall it was a great experience, thanks for hosting it!

7. How did you feel when you realised that you had won Graphic War?

When I found out I'd won the Graphic War, my heart did a literal leap of joy! I was so excited and felt like I'd really made an accomplishment.

8. Which program do you use? Any tricks on that program you know?

I use PhotoshopCC for all of my graphics, and uhhh (sheesh there are a lot of questions haha it feels so professional) so for any tips or tricks that I know, my best advice is just to experiment experiment experiment I guess, and you'll come across all sorts of things you had no idea about before.

9. Favourite thing to design?

Definitely dark fantasy / sci-fi style graphics!! I find them sooooo much funner to make and they always turn out wayyyy better than when I try things like romance, or historical, or teen fiction happy things or whatever.

10. Any advice?

My advice for anyone wanting to get better at designer is just to go for it basically, join as many contests as you can, experiment with as many styles as possible, trial as many programs as possible (even if they seem like they'd be way too hard or advanced, just go for it! You can always watch tutorials on YouTube if you want some help. Now what are you doing still reading this?? Go make something!

Hope you all enjoyed her interview and take inspiration from it and her graphics!

Until next time!

Sincerely,Graphics Nation

Sincerely,
Graphics Nation