Chapter 4 - The Local Bachelor trip

Telugu words in the chapter:  Nanna = father;  Anna = elder brother;  Vadina = sister-in-law (elder brother's wife)

---***---

"Shambhavi has been yelling at me since morning" Uncle Bharat told Amar as soon as he entered the house.

"Why? I did inform you before going. Didn't I?" Amar sat on the sofa beside his uncle. He looked tired.

"I told her where you have gone to. You know what she said? She called me a lazy and irresponsible uncle. She said I should have stopped you from going out and started listing my past mistakes right from year 1985. She reached 1992 when your father-in-law called her on her phone and I escaped quietly. May the lord bless him," said Bharat making Amar laugh.

 "What's going on here? " Shambhavi, the matriarch of the family entered and suddenly the atmosphere turned silent.

"Nothing aunty. Uncle was telling me that he is not scared of you because he is the boss and you are just a--"

"NO NO NO. He's lying" said Bharat quickly.

Shambhavi ignored this and turned to Amar. "How many times do I need to remind you that you are the bridegroom? You'll get tanned if you go out on a sunny day like this. You are not allowed to work a day before getting married."

"But this was important. I have been told that the supervisor of our manufacturing plant in this city is involved in illegal activities. I had to go. I tricked him into confessing his crimes and got him arrested."

"You could have assigned it to someone else from your team. Now go and sleep for a while. I will wake you up in the evening." Shambhavi ordered.

Amar nodded his head and went to his bedroom. To be honest, the Vishakhapatnam house was smaller compared to his huge mansion in Hyderabad. But he liked the 1930s styled architecture which gave a royal look to the house. 

He entered his room to find his cousin Anirudh lying on his bed with a juice bottle in the right hand, a book in the left hand and earphones connected to his iPod. He was humming a tune. He jumped from the bed on seeing Amar and exclaimed, "Finally!! You are here. I thought you have forgotten me."

"How do you manage to do all these things simultaneously?" Amar pointed towards the book and the iPod.

"Anna, I'm the biggest multitasker you will ever see. Now don't change the topic. Tell me the story."

"What story?" Amar feigned ignorance though he knew what Anirudh was asking about.

"The story of your first meeting with Lasya vadina. As far as I know it was supposed to be a normal business deal. How did it turn into a marriage alliance?"

"The Dhanunjaya family invited us for lunch after finalizing the deal. Aunty insisted on me to accompany her and uncle. She revealed that she was considering Lasya as prospective bride for me only after reaching their house."

"I knew it. It is amma's doing. She tricked you. Didn't she?" Anirudh asked.

"Hey!! Don't talk about Aunt Shambhavi like that." Amar said reprovingly.

"Oh! Sorry. I forgot that I was talking to Shambhavi Devaraju's biggest fan. Please continue."

"I spoke to Lasya for a while. She was very polite and cordial."

"How can you decide it in a single meeting?" Anirudh interrupted.

"I have been reading her blog for 2 years. She seems to be a nice person. And when aunty asked me what my decision was, I couldn't say no. I didn't have a reason to say no. So I said yes." Amar explained.