Chapter 46 - Nothing much...I Love You

"Deepika akka. Why are you supporting Vennu akka?" Shruthi opened the door to see Vennela standing with the support of Deepika.

"Long story. Take her inside." Deepika brought Vennela inside and made her drink juice.

"Now tell me. What happened?" Shruthi asked Deepika.

Deepika started explaining. "She donated blood to a boy. Actually, when we went to the park for morning walk, I felt thirsty. So I went to buy a water bottle. When I returned, I couldn't find Vennela. I asked a woman. She told me Vennela took an injured boy to the hospital."

"I wasn't me. It was a man." Vennela interrupted. "He carried the boy on his shoulders and refused to stop until we reached the hospital. The boy is alive because of that man. Good man."

"Does this good man have a name?" Deepika asked her.

"Don't know. I don't even remember his face. I wish I could meet him again. I want to tell him that people like him are the reason the world is still a good place to live in." Vennela smiled. "If only I could meet him again."

---***---

Vennela was unable to decipher the meaning of Amar's silence. 'What is wrong with Amar? Why is he avoiding me? Is this kind of behavior common among men? Or did he dislike the way it happened? I need to find out.' She decided.

She texted Lasya and Ragini. She avoided telling Shruthi. "Men are like that. It must have been overwhelming for him. Just wait for a while. Everything will be fine." Lasya replied.

Vennela was satisfied by the answer. She was about to quit worrying when Ragini replied. "He isn't talking. That doesn't mean that you should stay silent. How will you know what the problem is unless you talk? I was right. You are the laziest girl..."

Vennela was alarmed again. She followed Ragini's advice and searched for Amar. He was packing. She offered help. But he refused. He pretended to be busy and gave replies in single syllables. When she tried to talk about what happened the previous night, he changed the topic. "I can't find another set of keys." He left searching for them.

Vennela didn't know whom to approach with her problem. That is when she got the idea. She opened her account in a certain knowledge sharing website. She generally used it to ask or answer academic queries.

She decided to check already existing questions instead of asking the question herself. She felt weird typing the search phrase 'first kiss'. There were thousands of questions for that phrase. She opened the recent one which was on the top. The question read 'I kissed my girlfriend after several months of getting into relationship. Now it is awkward for both of us. What should I do?'

There were few answers which read, 'You should have gone a bit slower', 'She must be feeling embarrassed', 'Avoid that topic for some time', etc.,

Vennela read the answers. She was annoyed. She felt that the answers were completely wrong. She wrote an answer anonymously. 'All answers are misleading. You should talk to your girlfriend. She might have liked it. Not talking to her will make her feel restless.' She clicked the post button when the Wi-fi connection was lost.

She locked her phone and put it aside. 'Maybe I shouldn't comment on such things.' She thought. Just then, Amar entered the room. "What happened to internet?"

"I don't know" Vennela answered. She observed he has typed something in his phone. He locked the phone and put it aside. He left to check the internet connection.

Vennela was feeling bored. She unlocked Amar's phone to watch the video of their play. As soon as she unlocked it, she found the same knowledge sharing website opened on his phone too. It was a coincidence that he typed an answer to the same question. 'I am not an expert but I think girls tend to get emotional after first kiss. Few of them will have tears in their eyes. I know it is a bit scary. She might have disliked it.'