Chapter 28 - Amar disowns Vennela

"Your friend forgot her purse at the hotel yesterday. Go and give it to her." Vennela handed over Mandira's purse to Amar.

"Tell Anirudh. I don't want to go." Amar was tired.

"I asked him. He said he doesn't want to meet her again" said Vennela, coldly.

"You seem disturbed for some reason. Anything wrong?" Amar was surprised to see the change in her demeanor.

"Nothing. She must be worried sick looking for her purse. Just go." Vennela almost shouted at him and left. Amar wondered what he must have done to make his wife yell at him. Nevertheless, he did as told.

Vennela was so angry that she stayed up the previous night and completed the entire work assigned to her. She wanted to keep herself busy. So, she took a broom and started sweeping the entire ground floor.

"Vadina?" Anirudh was surprised to find her sitting gloomily in the music room. 

"I was sweeping. My feet hurt. So, I took a break" said Vennela, hastily.

"Don't lie to me. Your face clearly says that something's bothering you." Anirudh sat down beside her. "If you would like to share it with me please go ahead. I promise I won't tell anyone."

"I hurt Amar with my stilettos yesterday."

"That was an accident. You didn't do it on purpose." 

"Amar hurt me more with his words." Vennela told him everything.

"So, you are sad because he compared you with someone else?" Anirudh asked her.

"No. I'm sad because he is right. No matter how hard I try, I can never reach his standard. He is 'The Amar Pratap Devaraju'. He is rich, famous and intelligent. Yesterday, I understood my place. Don't get me wrong. I know my worth and I have immense amount of self-respect.  What I mean is, being Amar's wife is fun. But, being Amar Pratap Devaraju's wife is difficult. His world is different from mine." Vennela was glad Amar wasn't there to witness this. She didn't want to look weak, especially after previous night's conversation.

"You think you don't fit in with his circle. I disagree" said Anirudh, firmly. "The whole world knows him as this rich and famous businessman. But, you know him for who he is - a man with a golden heart. The businessman image is what society made out of him. You know the real Amar. You affect him in a way no one else can. You made your way to the deepest part of his heart where no one else could ever reach. You bring out the best in him."

Anirudh paused. Vennela was listening to him with rapt attention. "His world isn't different from yours. You mean the world to him."

"Really?" 

"Really." Anirudh smiled. "All this confusion happened because you haven't confessed your feelings. Just tell him. His reaction will be priceless."

"Thank you little brother" said Vennela, affectionately.

---***---

"Three days in Chennai? But, there was no such trip in your schedule." Vennela was talking to Amar on phone. He went to airport directly from Mandira's house.

"Yes. It has been added yesterday. Listen, I'll talk to you later." Amar was in a hurry.  He was calling from Karthik's phone because he forgot his mobile at home.

"I have a surprise for you. Come back soon." 

"Right. Bye." Amar ended the call. 

She shrugged and concentrated on what she was doing. She wanted to surprise Amar with a painting of a couple. A man giving a bunch of lotus flowers to a woman, with the backdrop containing moon and stars.