Chapter 26 - The storeroom

"Akka wake up. Lasya akka is leaving for Vishakhapatnam with grandpa." Shruthi gently tapped Vennela's shoulder.

"You are so handsome can't stop admiring you..." Vennela was muttering in sleep.

"Handsome? Me?" Shruthi frowned.

"..I love your deep brown eyes..."

"Thank you akka" Shruthi smiled.

"...and the beard...it makes you look so manly..."

"Beard?!! Wait. What?" Shruthi burst out laughing. "Someone's dreaming about her man." She pinched Vennela who woke up, startled. "What happened?"

"Nothing. Looks like you had a beautiful dream. Like to share it with me?" Shruthi asked her.

"Well, um, yes, there was a big chocolate river and I was swimming in it." Vennela's cheeks turned pink.

Shruthi suppressed her laughter. "Alright. They are leaving. Come downstairs."

A few minutes later, Vennela reached the dining hall. Everyone was having breakfast. "Sorry bava garu. You had to witness our quarrel yesterday." She apologized to Surya.

"It's alright Vennela. I would have reacted similarly if I were in your place." Surya smiled at her.

"Vennu we will be moving to Bangalore next month. You must come and visit us with your family." Lasya invited Vennela.

"Sure. I don't need a formal invitation to visit you" said Vennela.

"Amar is a nice lad. Never hurt him." Gayatri hugged Vennela before leaving. Amar took their blessings.

"Vennela, remember what I told you yesterday. Don't ever make assumptions without knowing the entire story." Narayana advised her. They left with Lasya and Surya.

"Now that we are free, let's spend the day cleaning the old vehicles." Anirudh suggested. Amar and Vennela readily agreed. Shruthi gave a knowing smile to Anirudh. It was time to execute their plan.

"But we have to finish our assignments" said Rishi.

"We'll come and join you in an hour" said Raj.

Vennela and Anirudh started cleaning a vintage car while Shruthi helped Amar in repairing his old bike. "Vadina, I think the keys are in the storeroom" said Anirudh.  

"I'll get it." Vennela went inside to get the keys.

Shruthi hid a few tools from the toolkit. "Where are the other tools?" Amar frowned.

"Get another toolkit from storeroom" said Anirudh.

"Rudy, you know I don't like going there. You go and get it." Amar requested Anirudh.

"Sorry bro, I'm busy" Anirudh refused.

Amar reluctantly went to fetch the toolkit. He never entered the storeroom because it scared him since childhood. He always avoided going that way. He held his breath and entered. He was searching in a corner when he heard the door get closed. Amar Pratap, who can watch half a dozen horror movies at night, felt uneasy.

'Okay. Just collect what you are looking for and leave' he told himself. He turned around when he heard a noise from another side of the room. It sounded like a person. Through the corner of his eye he saw someone move. 'Is that a ghost?' He stopped searching and ran towards the door to exit when he saw the ghost come face to face with him.

"NO NO. PLEASE. PLEASE. DON'T KILL ME. I'M A GOOD BOY. PLEASE." Amar started screaming.

"Amar! It's me, Vennela."