Chapter 44 - The play

Amar stopped fighting. He blocked the entrance.

"Please leave her and go. We won't stop you. Don't hurt her." The driver yelled.

"The moment I leave her, this man would kill me." He said pointing at Amar. "I will take her with me and leave her only after putting a good distance between him and me."

Amar looked at Vennela and the man. The man was more frightened than Vennela. He analyzed the situation very carefully. There's no point asking him to go because he was convinced that they would kill him if he releases Vennela. A frightened and cornered man's actions are unpredictable. He carefully scanned the man. He didn't have anything that can be used as a weapon to hurt Vennela.

"Take her with you" said Amar.

Vennela looked at him. 'Has he gone mad?'

The man, who didn't expect this, was equally shocked. "What are you saying?"

"You heard me right. Take her with you. This way the police will not suspect me. Kill her and hide her body" said Amar.

Vennela understood that he was buying time. Anirudh was on the way.

"Are you mad?" asked the man.

"You are professional killer. Aren't you? My brother hired you for killing--"

"No, I am not professional killer. I'm just a student." He loosened his grip on Vennela.

"I married her for her money. All I have to do is to stage an accident for her. Her wealth will be mine" said Amar.

'This idiot can't even create a good story. This story would have been believable in 1960s' thought Vennela.

"Please let me go. I am not who you think I am." The man pleaded.

"It's okay. You can reveal your identity. No one is listening. I made arrangements to hide you in Tamilnadu for a few days. After that I will send you to Sri Lanka illegally. Stay there for 5-6 years--"

"What the hell are you saying?" The man shouted. He was completely frightened.

"YOU BACKSTABBER! I HATE YOU!" Vennela yelled at Amar.

"It's risky to take her outside. Let's kill her right here" said Amar.

The man panicked. He released Vennela. She quickly grabbed the opportunity to hit him in the ribs and push him away. 

Amar rushed forward and shielded Vennela from him. After several minutes of punching, kicking and beating, the man resembled a gigantic slug. "There you are" said Amar. "I've made your ugly face look more beautiful. Thank me once you regain consciousness."

Vennela stood still for a while. And then she too collapsed. Amar tried to help her get up. But she refused his help. With all the energy she could muster, she tried to get up. She stood still for two minutes before sitting down. "I think you are right. I'll follow the doctor's advice and start walking without crutches." Vennela decided. "By the way, the story you told him was dumb."

"But he bought it. He really thinks I wanted him to kill you. It depends on how good of an actor you are." Amar felt smug. "Oh! Why am I so intelligent?"

Vennela smiled. Anirudh stormed inside with ten bodyguards and five policemen. "Rudy, you brought an entire army?" Amar laughed. The police recorded their statement and arrested the men.

"You said this trip will be fun. Is this what you meant by fun?" Anirudh asked Amar. "You two are not allowed to go anywhere without security. Is it clear?"

"You look cute when you're angry. Just like a baby..."

---***---

"Really? You hit them?" Anirudh's eyes were wide.