Chapter 15 - Mission KVPN

"Ma'am, move a bit closer to sir" said the photographer. Vennela and Amar were posing for photographs before the reception. She has been told that the wedding album would look thinner because there was no pre-wedding photoshoot. So, she decided to take as many pictures as possible to make the album look fatter. She was wearing a beautiful royal blue floor length gown with hair tied in an elegant bun, while Amar wore a classy tuxedo chosen by Anirudh.

Vennela moved closer to Amar as instructed. "A little bit more" said the photographer.

She hesitated. This time Amar moved closer. "It's okay. It'll be over in few seconds" he whispered in her ear. Before they could turn towards the camera, the guy clicked a good five to six pictures. "Excellent pose. It looks natural. Sir, you need to sit on the couch for the next picture. And ma'am please sit on his lap."

"No" said Vennela immediately.

"Come on Vennela. He's your husband," said Shambhavi.

"No, I can't attayya garu" Vennela refused. Shambhavi remembered her promise to Amar. "I think this pose is inappropriate" she told the photographer.

"Alright then. You have to lift her up in bridal style for the next pic" he told Amar. 

Before Vennela could protest again, Shruthi said,"Akka, it's the tradition. Remember uncle Pranav and aunt Geeta's wedding pics? He lifted her similarly." The mention of her parents' wedding made Vennela agree. Shruthi gave a thumbs up to Amar.

Amar lifted her up.  A beautiful smile crept across his face due to the proximity. Vennela clutched his shoulder tightly as his breath fanned her face. He couldn't believe his luck.

She found his intense brown eyes extremely attractive. She shook her head 'How does he manage to look so handsome without even trying?'

She left quickly after the photoshoot was over. Amar gestured Shruthi to stay back. "I've been challenged by Rudy and Rishi-Raj to know her mobile number by midnight. I need your help with this." He told her what she was supposed to do.

"This trick is very old. I saw it in many movies and TV commercials" said Anirudh.

"But it is effective" said Shruthi.

"You're gonna lose. Think of some other plan" said Anirudh.

"Rudy, let them go according to their plan" said Rishi.

"Come. We'll introduce you to our beautiful neighbour, Aisha." Raj told Anirudh who left with them. Shruthi scowled. 

"Let's go" said Amar. They reached their floor. "All the best" said Shruthi.

He and Vennela were instructed to enter the hall together. He held her hand and looked at her, unsure of how she would react. She didn't seem to mind. They went inside together.

"Meet my wife, Vennela Dhanunjaya" announced Amar.

The guests clapped their hands. Right from national media to local media, everyone pushed their way forward and started taking pictures while asking her questions. Vennela who was new to this, felt uncomfortable answering them. She tightened her grip on Amar's hand. 

"We'd love to answer all your questions. But time is running out. We are supposed to be on the stage. Thank you for coming. Please take your seats." He said politely and led Vennela onto the stage.

The guests took turns to come and congratulate them. Amar's female fans envied Vennela, who was looking breathtakingly beautiful. Two hours later when everyone was headed for dinner, youngsters started their selfie sessions.