Chapter 12 - A Heartbroken Amar

Anirudh has never been so confused. He didn't know what to do. Questioning his mother was useless as he knew she would say she did it for Amar. She would make it sound as if it was no fault of hers. Shruthi requested him not to tell Amar. "He is dreaming of a blissful life with her. Please don't ruin it for him. Telling him won't solve the problem. It will only bring him pain. Don't worry. Akka will just need some time to adjust." 

"Let me talk to my father at least." said Anirudh. 

"Nanna, we need to talk." He grabbed his father's arm and took him into the garden where no one could hear them. "I know the truth. I saw it in amma's laptop." He showed Bharat the document he copied to his phone from the laptop.

"Anirudh, I can explain" said Bharat.

"This document was supposed to be a business deal. You two have converted it into some sort of prenuptial agreement by adding this clause. You have mixed up business and Amar anna's life." Anirudh yelled at his father.

"It was your mother. She added this clause. She threatened the Dhanunjayas. She--"

"And you let her do that? You were there, weren't you? Why didn't you stop her? Do you even know how unhappy Vennela vadina is? And what if Amar anna knows? Why didn't you talk some sense into amma? You are a spineless coward." said Anirudh. 

Bharat was shocked. Anirudh has never spoken to him like that. "I know I should have stopped her. But you know how adamant your mother can be. She never listens to anyone" he muttered.

"Then make her listen to you this time. I know amma is planning to stay with them for a few months. I want you to convince her to leave for London with us soon after the reception is over. Don't let her stay with them. They both deserve a peaceful life. Especially vadina. I don't know how you would do this. You just have to." said Anirudh sternly.

"I'll try to convince her. I promise you. I'll not let her stay with them." Bharat promised Anirudh who nodded and left without another word.

He locked himself in his room. He was still unable to believe how ruthless his mother could be. He didn't come out for a few hours. Amar called him on his phone. "Where are you? I need you here."

He went to Amar who was combing his hair. He couldn't bring himself to tell him the truth. "What happened? I haven't seen you for five hours. Where have you been? Is everything alright?" asked Amar.

"Why do you have to share the room with vadina?" Anirudh asked him.

"Because she's my wife" said Amar grinning. "Husband and wife are supposed stay together. That's the whole point of getting married. You share everything with your wife."

"But what's the hurry? You hardly know each other. Don't you think it's too early for all this?" Anirudh was concerned for Vennela.

"Rudy! Do you think I'm that greedy? I won't start it on day one itself. I just want to talk to her, spend some time with her, tell her how I feel about her and make her feel special. That's it." said Amar. 

Anirudh was relieved. "Be polite and talk nicely. All the best."

"Thank you little bro. Now tell me. How do I look?..."

A few rooms away Vennela was sitting in front of the mirror. Shambhavi was helping her get ready.

"I have raised Amar like a son since he was seventeen. That makes me his mother and your mother-in-law. It's my duty to make you feel comfortable. I know you may not like what I have done. It had to be done to protect the family's honour but I'm not oblivious to your feelings. I will do everything in my command to make you feel happy." Shambhavi spoke gently.