Chapter 33 - Friendzoned again

"Only my money will be spent on the treatment." Vennela announced.

"Fine." Amar agreed. It didn't matter to him whose money they used as long as the treatment worked in their favour. 

"You shouldn't ask me to rest for the entire day. I'll sleep only when it is required."

"Okay. But I won't let you strain yourself" said Amar, firmly. She nodded.

"Here comes the hardest condition. You shouldn't touch me without my consent--"

"As if I ever did" retorted Amar.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. What I meant is we are just friends. So, you shouldn't waste your time serving me. You should concentrate on your duties. Work is important. Don't neglect it." 

"So, I'm being friendzoned again." 

Vennela felt extremely bad for doing this to him. "Amar, I'm not doing this to hurt you. I don't want you to make any sacrifices for me. I'm doing this to make you stay away from suffering. Staying close to me will only give you pain." 

"Yeah. Whatever." Amar sat down. He looked at her bags which were packed. He felt proud that his wife trusted him so much, she followed his advise and kept her luggage packed, ready for traveling. "You knew I am going to win the challenge. Didn't you? We leave once you are strong enough to travel." He threw the fake legal notice away.

"It's just a journey of five minutes. We leave right now." Vennela couldn't wait to go back home. "I forgot. There's one more condition."

"What?" asked Amar.

"Promise me you will never shave your head without telling me."

"WHAT!" Amar looked at her for a few seconds without blinking. Then, he examined her medicines to see if they can cause any serious damage to the brain.

"I haven't gone mad. Just promise me" said Vennela. He promised.

Nanditha was apprehensive to send Vennela when she told her she changed her decision. "Why? Why are you leaving? At least stay till the head injury is cured." 

"Amma, let her go with her husband. That is where she belongs." Lasya consoled her mother. "At least she has given up the stupid idea of divorce."

"Aunty, trust me. She will be fine with me. I may never be able to compete with you and Prakash uncle in terms of loving her. But, I promise you, I will serve her dutifully." Amar promised.

"We trust you. You have proven yourself to be worthy of her many times. My brother Pranav, will be happy to see his daughter with a man like you" said Prakash. Everyone blessed Vennela.

Anirudh and Shruthi were putting Vennela's bags in the car. Aisha, the beautiful neighbour of Dhanunjayas, waved at him. Rishi-Raj introduced him to her during Amar's wedding reception. He waved back with a dreamy expression to annoy Shruthi.  She deliberately injured him with her elbow. "Oh! Sorry. This is what happens when you divert your attention and forget the work at hand."

"Someone's feeling jealous." Anirudh remarked.

"Why would I feel jealous? I pity her. She seems to like you. Poor thing." 

"She likes me? Mind giving me her phone number?" Anirudh teased her. Her ears were red due to anger. She glared at him and stormed away. Anirudh laughed. 

Vennela slept in the car with her head on Amar's lap. "Whatever happened to no touching?" asked Amar, smiling.

"I'm tired. I can't travel in sitting position. If it bothers you, I'll try to sit." She tried to get up.