Chapter 21 - Anirudh is back

"I don't remember wearing this bracelet on our wedding" Vennela remarked, looking at their wedding album which was delivered that morning.

"That's fine. You had fever. Look. The toe rings moment." Amar pointed at his favourite picture. Vennela quickly turned the page.

"It's Shruthi's birthday tomorrow. We need to think of a plan to surprise her." Vennela reminded Amar.

"The gifts are ready." Amar assured her. "We just need to invite her to our place and surprise her exactly at 12 o' clock."

"But we have to invite her in such a way that she doesn't suspect anything" said Vennela.

"Simple. Tell her the wedding album and the video are here. She'll come running" said an easily recognizable voice.

They turned to see Anirudh waving at them. "Rudy! When did you get here?" The brothers exchanged fist bumps.

Vennela felt happy to see Anirudh. "I am so happy to see you come back, little brother. Come, let me serve lunch. I cooked it myself. Hope you like it." She took him to the dining hall.

"Amazing vadina" Anirudh gulped down the food and asked for more. Amar stopped him when he was having third helpings. "You still didn't tell me how you got here."

"I told amma that I have been working in the same department for one year. I need a change of environment. So, she gave me two options: New York or Hyderabad. I chose Hyderabad and our second cousin Kailash has been sent to New York. I'll be working under your supervision from Monday." Anirudh explained.

"Oh no, what did I do to deserve this?" Amar pretended to be scared.

"Anirudh, make sure that you irritate Amar to the maximum extent" said Vennela. Anirudh was happy to see the change in her. 

"Sure. That is what I'm famous for." Anirudh and Vennela high-fived each other.

Rishi-Raj arrived at that instant. "Rudy! You're here? Vacation?" Raj asked him. Anirudh shook his head and explained everything.

"It's good to have you here. Our college starts in two weeks. We'll be busy. So, you'll help us with the unfinished task" said Rishi.

Vennela frowned. "He means Rudy will help us with our assignments" said Raj, kicking Rishi's leg.

Vennela called Shruthi, who promised to come directly from her college. The plan was to keep her busy with the wedding album and video while they bake the cake and decorate the music room for the birthday bash. "Who will supervise the decorations?" asked Vennela.

"We" answered the twins.

"Right. I'll keep her busy in the first floor. Amar and Anirudh will bake the cake." Vennela announced.

"NO" yelled everyone else. Vennela was startled.

"I mean, you're very bad at keeping people busy," said Raj.

"She'll understand what you are up to," said Raj.

"I need a good assistant. It's a difficult task. Rudy can't do it" said Amar.

"I traveled at lot. I can't work in the kitchen" said Anirudh.

"Fine. Anirudh, you will stay with her and make sure that she doesn't come downstairs. I'll help Amar" Vennela decided. Everyone sighed in relief.

Finally, when Shruthi arrived, they started playing the wedding video in the first floor. Rishi-Raj sneaked out while Shruthi was engrossed in the video."We have a small meeting. We'll be back later." Vennela and Amar excused themselves.