Chapter 54 - Amar weds Vennela

Last and longest chapter. There's also an epilogue. 

---***---

"Why didn't you send this picture earlier? Your beautiful cheeks are glowing. Your lustrous hair is shining. Your radiant eyes are twinkling. My heart is full of feelings beyond my control."

"Amar, the phone's on speaker mode" Vennela squealed. She sent him a picture of herself wearing a yellow saree selected by him, taken after her mangala snanam i.e., auspicious bath, two days ago. She didn't know it would bring out the poet in him. He even started complaining how she denied him the chance of admiring her beauty by not sending pictures right after they were taken.

"Oh! Why?" Amar asked her.

"Because I have henna design on my hands" Vennela answered.

"Did anyone hear that?" asked Amar.

"I did" Rishi-Raj said in unison.

"OMG! You two?" Amar gasped.

"Rishi is holding my juice and Raj is holding the phone" said Vennela. "My amazing brothers."

"Boys! Leave your sister alone for a few minutes." Amar requested them.

"Your few minutes are equal to one hour" said Raj.

"Please. I have something to say to her. And it can't wait till the wedding" 

"I want a long drive on your bike" Rishi demanded.

"I want your new sun glasses" Raj asked him.

"Done. Now go and play while I talk to your sister" said Amar. They left.

"What is it?" Vennela asked him.

"Remember the first time we met? Your hair was tied in a messy ponytail, your blue T-shirt was full of stains. Your hands shivered when the nurse took you inside for blood donation. Your arms were sweating. But you still went ahead and helped the boy. That is when I knew that I've just met one of the most beautiful people in the world." Amar paused. Vennela's face broke into a smile.

"I was glad to have met someone like you. You brought a smile to my face with your kindness. But, you are very cruel too."

"What? Me?" Vennela was surprised to hear that.

"I asked you to wait till I get you something to eat. But when I returned the bed was empty. I was so scared and worried for you. It felt like I lost something precious."

"And you wanted to meet me again. Didn't you?" asked Vennela.

"Yes. How do you know?" asked Amar.

"Because that is exactly what I felt when I returned home. I wanted to meet you again. To thank you for what you have done for the boy and to request you to be the same good-natured kind gentleman forever." Vennela explained. 

"When I met you the day before our wedding, visions of our beautiful first meeting came back to me. To be honest, I was going to say 'no'. But I decided to say yes, the moment I recognized you" said Amar.

"I'm glad you did."

"Me too." 

"Guess whose name I have written on my palms with henna."

"I don't know. Who?"

"My own name." Vennela answered.

"Moonlight. I know you love yourself. But aren't you supposed to write my name?" Amar asked her.

"Oh! I have written your name too in such a small font size that you will spend an entire day searching for it." Vennela giggled.

"Send a picture now. I'll start searching from today" said Amar.