Chapter 53 "Rivalry"

It's been hours since Leo left with Rios to war against Santana. Luna and I are currently sitting on the couch just waiting like two lost puppies for a phone call or anything that will let us know what's going on. I feel ill to the core not being able to eat anything due to my intense worry for my husband. So many what ifs run though my mind, which every now and then I have to scold myself from thinking such a way.

Suddenly, Luna and I both jump up from the couch hearing a knock on the door, which she rushes to swinging the door wide open. What happens next has me trembling from fear not knowing what to do in my state. As soon as Luna opens the door. She tried to slam it shut her dark brown eyes widening in shock, but fails when a tall, tattooed, silver haired man bursts inside violently pushing Luna down to the ground.

I watch as she tries to get back up to fight the man, but she isn't no challenge for him as he punches her square in the face. Screaming in horror, I beg this man to stop hurting her for him to have mercy on a woman. Shockingly, he stops standing up firmly from the floor aiming his gun at Luna while blankly staring at me. Soon enough two more men step through the door armed looking around the apartment ignoring me as if I'm no threat, which I'm sure I'm not since I'm heavily pregnant and wouldn't do such a foolish thing to put myself and my child in harms way. However, I am still baffled by the entire thing asking myself why I haven't been tied up or aimed at.

"Madison," a deep familiar voice says as I turn my attention away from the men searching the entire place up now locking my focus with those familiar hazel eyes. I managed to forget about since Leo popped back into my life. Santana stands right by the door frame looking at me. A smile forming on his lips by my presence.

"What are you doing here?," I breathe confused on how Luna and I were found by him.

"Just like your husband. I have my own sources. Now let's go," he hastily responds.

"How do you know he's my husband? Wait a minute, so that means you know-"

"We'll talk about this once I take you somewhere safe," Santana hastily says cutting me off as he grabs my hand ushering me out.

"No," Luna shouts anger within her tone.

"End her," Santana blankly demands.

"No, Please Santana. She's my best friend. Have mercy," I pull away from his grip standing my ground. Santana turns around now facing me with confusion plastered on his face as he glances between Luna and I.

"Best friend?," Santana creases his brows.

"Yes, if you have any feelings towards me please I beg you do not harm her. She won't do anything in retaliation right Luna?," I say as calmly as I can giving a quick glance at Luna. Luna stays silent looking between Santana and I every now and then. I can tell how much she hates him by the way she's throwing death glares at him. I have no idea about the rivalry between the red eagles and Santana, but whatever it is, it's deep.

"I won't do anything. I'll let you guys leave," she forcefully says. Knowing Luna she's probably hating herself right now, but I'm sure her life is more important than this stupid rivalry. At least that's what I hope for.

"You see. Please don't harm her. Let's go," I reassure. Santana takes a moment to linger on what I just proposed to him. To my conveniency he nods in agreement, which instantly relaxes my tensed muscles. However, within a blink of an eye. I watch as he signals one of his men whom takes their gun slamming it against her head, which instantly knocks her out cold. I scream in horror from the violent act.

"Luna!," I scream trying to rush to her side, but Santana holds me back.

"She's fine, she'll wake up within a few minutes," he says intertwining his fingers with mine ushering me out.

"You agreed you wouldn't harm her!," I scold.

"And I kept the agreement Madison, but I had to make sure she doesn't try anything once our backs are turned. Especially, watching where we leave to," Santana explains as we walk out of Luna's apartment. I don't respond angry at him for hurting Luna. I really hope she's okay and that Leo finds her soon. And that's when my throat becomes dry as I think about Leo. If Santana is here with me then what happened to my husband? Hours ago, Santana was the very reason Leo left, but he's here, so that means...

"Weren't you attacking Leo's place earlier?," I nervously murmur.

"Yup," Santana responds. A black truck is parked in front of the apartment that we rush into.

"What happened?"

"Are you asking because you care about Leo Castillo or because you hate him?," Santana raises a brow at me as the driver steps on the gas pedal driving us away from Luna's territory. I take a moment to think about my answer. I have no idea who Santana really is. All I know is that he's a mafia leader like my husband. However, I have no damn clue about his character. The way he presented himself at New York must of all been an act. Remembering how I would talk about my baby daddy dying in a car accident and having a horrible relationship with Leo gave me the answer on how to carry out my attitude towards Santana in order to be safe.

"I hate him. If you have solid sources then you should know how me and him happened and about me running away," I blankly respond feeling my heart hurt from using the word hate. Santana grins confirming he's fallen for my lie.

"Yes I do know and that's why I have rescued you," He responds.

"Thank you, I thought I was trapped again."

"As longest you're with me you'll never be trapped. You see unlike that fool. I know how to treat a woman," he confidently says pulling me closer to him. I forcefully smirk laying my head on his chest. As much as I feel uncomfortable being so close to him like this. I have to play along. However, my thoughts are interrupted when Santana utters.

"And to answer your question, Leo Castillo is dead."

My feelings towards this chapter: 😳🤯😳😧😲😵😨

😳🤯😳😧😲😵😨

Make sure to follow my Instagram page on my bio for updates and sneak peeks.

Giavanni