Chapter 76 "Mafia Game"

"Yes, son it's me," she says as she takes steps further towards me. Her presence has everyone mute as all eyes are on her.

"How is this fucking possible? You're dead!," I utter shaking my head in disbelief as I go to stand back up.

She died in one of my father's trades in Mexico that horribly went wrong from what I was informed as a boy. My father searched for her body after the explosion that occurred at the trade, but never got anything. How can anyone survive an explosion?

"I have a lot of explaining to do Leo, but that's a conversation for another time. Right now, I need you to hand over Santana," she sternly demands.

"Are you delusional? I need an explanation to where the fuck you've been all these years because I highly doubt you just rose from the dead!," I clench my fists. The nerve of her to throw demands at me as if she holds some superiority over me.

She lets out an irritated sigh before responding, "if an explanation is what you want then so be it. However, I hope you can take it considering you've become that weak little bitch you were as a boy."

Flashbacks of all the mental abuse I went through because of her. Those three words, that took so long to forget. The same words that I made sure to always prove wrong since I came into power. My hands clench into fists tightly most likely my knuckles turning white from the pressure.

I don't say a word knowing she's trying to get under my skin like she always did before. She notices my silence seeming a bit impressed by it before she continues on, "I faked my death back in Mexico all those years ago. That infamous explosion was caused by yours truly," she smiles sinisterly.

You would think I would feel pained or broken by this truth that was just thrown at me, but I don't feel anything besides pure confusion. As fucked up as it may sound, I have no love for her. How could I? She was never a mother to me. Not once have I known the love of a mother until Madison sacrificed herself to protect our son. Due to her, I've seen what mothers are like, real mothers.

"I don't understand. Why would you do that to father? To the red eagles?," I find myself asking wanting to clear my confusion.

"Plain and simple. Your father dropped the ball many years ago by his alcoholism. The red eagles were definitely losing its top spot because of him. I tried to reason with him, but all that ever got me was trips to the hospital every time. I had to do what I had to do, I didn't waste nor invest so much of my time and hard work into a mafia just to start from the bottom again. I would never allow that," she calmly responds as she crosses her arms against her chest.

As a child, seeing her beat wasn't nothing out of the ordinary. Shit, both of us were always beat. However, unlike her, I had no escape. I was forced to endure this lifestyle, I was born into.

However, one question remains on my mind. Knowing her, she would of never been able to pull such an explosion off all on her own. She isn't the brightest in this mafia world, so there was definitely someone else involved, but who?

"Who helped you? There's no way you could of pulled off all of that all by yourself?"

"You're absolutely right, what an intelligent boss you turned out to be son," she smiles.

"Don't call me that," I coldly spat.

"I'm your mother no matter what you tell yourself. I birthed you always remember that."

I clench my jaw hating how she's absolutely right. No matter what has happened and how much I want to completely cut her out of my life, she's my mother and that's something that can't ever change. It's a curse really.