Chapter 77 "Loving the Mafia"

Madison's pov

"Where are we going?," I struggle to say completely out of breathe from the running as I hold little Leo tightly against my chest.

We've been on foot for who knows how long since we broke out from where I was being held captive. So much confusion runs inside my mind as I follow behind Damien. So many questions, I need to get off my chest.

"I'm taking you to safety," he responds as he guides us towards the next street where a black suv is parked.

"I don't understand. How did you know where to find me? How are you even in this?," I say all in one breathe as I continue to follow behind him.

Damien ignores me taking out keys I suppose are his car keys from his pocket unlocking the door for me to get in. "Get inside," he says looking at me then down at little Leo.

"I need answers Damien!," I sternly demand.

Damien sighs before placing both his hands on my shoulders never losing eye contact with me. "I promise to explain everything in the car, but we must go before anyone catches up to us," he bluntly explains.

I take a moment to think about what he just said. He's right, after all we did just break out of that place. I look down at my son who's looking at me which catches me by surprise. After all the running, I haven't been able to keep such attention on him. His face resembling his father hurts my heart as I think of my husband wondering if he's okay right now.

"Okay start talking," I breathe hopping inside the car with my son in my arms. There's no way I want to be apart from him until we're safely with Leo far away from any danger.

Once Damien jumps inside getting the car started. We start making our way to who knows where. All I know is that it's suppose to be safe.

I sure hope it is.

"So much has happened after high school Madison. In college, I started hanging with very bad people that ultimately got me into drugs which I got hooked to. At first it was easy access until my parents found about the money they were giving me for supposedly books were actually going towards drugs," Damien lets out a huff before continuing on, "they were so angry and embarrassed of me that they completely cut me off from any access to their wealth. Being an addict already, I had to have drugs one way or another and eventually got myself in debt with the very wrong crowd."

"By crowd you mean Santana?," I say as I keep listening.

"Indeed. Not having anyway to pay the debt. Santana made sure to make use of me in another way to pay it off. I had to do horrible things I never knew I was capable of, but if I didn't then Santana would go after my family then kill me after. I had to do it Madison," his voice cracks as he struggles to hold back his tears which I can see are on a thin line of spilling out from his brimming eyes.

"Oh Damien, I'm so sorry," I sadly murmur feeling empathy for him. Seems like the both of us got into big messes after high school.

"Don't, I don't deserve sympathy. This is what I got myself into. Unlike you," he mutters looking at me and down at little Leo once again before refocusing on the road ahead of us.

"What do you mean?," I crease my brows having a feeling I already know the answer to this.

"I know about Castillo taking you against your will. However, what I failed to understand the last time I saw you at the nightclub is how you let yourself get pregnant by such a monster?"

A thousand emotions swirl like a tornado inside my stomach as I linger on what Damien just said. Leo never once raped me, it was all under my permission the times we slept together all those times when things were very difficult between us compared to now. I knew the possible consequence of having unprotected sex, but for some reason I didn't once think about being safe. Even if per say, I asked for some type of birth control would Leo even of allowed it? I have no idea now that I think about it.