9

It was dawn, and Kenshin was already up and dressed. He immediately headed towards Kagome's room. He believes she already memorized her way around the dojo, from their small walk. But he did not want to misjudge the girl yet again. So he wanted to meet her, before she got up, and take her where she needed to go. Not wishing the girl to get lost.

When he arrived at her room, he noticed a small opening in the door. His eyes narrowed and he placed his hand on his sword. Sliding the door open he quickly stepped inside. His eyes whizzed around the room, looking for an intruder, but he found no one. Purple orbs landed on the folded futon. Did she already leave? He sighed and removed his hand from his hilt. He knew it was only for one night, but he was slightly disappointed she left so quickly.

"Are you looking for someone?" A voice behind him spoke. His eyes widened and he turned around.

"Miss Kagome?" Kenshin was more then a little surprised to see the female. He did not sense her presences, nor did he hear her sneak behind him.

"It's nice to see you up so early, Mr. Kenshin." She spoke idly to him. "What?" Looking at his shocked expression she frowned. "You believed me to be gone? As you can see, I have not left yet. If that bothers you...?" She trailed off, letting the question fade. Kenshin quickly waved his hands in front of his body, in surrender.

"Of course not, Miss Kagome. I very much enjoy your company; That I do" She smiled brightly at him.

"Great! Just what I wanted to hear!" Kenshin blinked, confused. "I wanted to ask you something. Do you know of any shrines that have a sacred well?" Her eyes shined with curiosity, waiting for an answer.

"A Well..." He paused, thinking. "I believe there are two shrines, and only one has a well that you speak of; That it does." She squealed in glee at his answer.

"Wonderful! Let's go!" She quickly grabbed his wrist and dragged him around the dojo. What has he gotten himself into?