14

Kagome was on the roof, doing what she enjoyed, watching the moon. The beautiful sight was going to be over soon though. She sighed and looked down.

Has it really been a month? It was strange, time seem to go by so quickly in this peaceful world. She smiled, remembering all the fun things she shared with everyone. She bushed as a certain redhead appeared in her mind. He was so kind, and thoughtful. She felt happy just thinking about him. Bringing her hands up to cover her face, she tried to hide the blush. Why was she so embarrassed? No one could see her here, yet she was trying to hide this warm feeling? What was it...?

Feeling the muscles under her palm twitch, she lowered them. Looking upon her hands she suddenly frowned. Her face was serious as she stared at her open palms. Slowly, she opened and closed her hand, testing them.

It seems her body has gotten rusty. That was no good. A month being in this place relaxed her too much. She was not training every day like she use to, and her body paid the price for it. Not once, since she arrived at the dojo, has she gone beyond the limits of a normal girl. All she was doing is cooking and cleaning. Every now and then she would run from an angry Kaoru, and even that was no real challenge. Her body was now weakened, she finally noticed.

She sighed. She did not want it to be that way, but it seems she had no choice. Not wanting them to know the real her. She hid her strength and told them she was only good at running away. She was not sure why, maybe to protect them? No, to protect herself. If she told them, they would probably fear her and her powers. They are too kind to push her away, but she would know they would be terrified, and not want her near them. So she kept it a secret. She did not like it, but she had to for them.

Now, her body is tired. Her muscles are aching, wanting to be put to use. She sighed. How could she torture herself so? Her body was made to take consistent training. She needed some way to keep herself in shape. Looking up at the sky she sighed. The sun's light was just peaking over the mountain range.

She stood up and softly landed on the ground. Scratching her head she frowned. How could she train, but without them noticing? Her jaw clinched, deep in thought. Then it hit her, literally. An apple fell from the tree above, and whacked her in the head. She growled and shook her fist at the attacking timber. Stupid gravity! She cursed. Then she got an idea, and smirked. Of course! Why didn't she think of it before! She smiled and started to walk around the dojo, to the outside gate.

She walked pass Kenshin, as he stepped out of a room. She paid him no mind, and continued her stroll and placed her hand on the wooden structure that was the gate house. It was at that moment he chose to speak.

"You're leaving Miss Kagome?" He asked her. She stopped pushing the door, and looked at him. He had worry and a hint of sadness held within those purple orbs. She mentally shook her head. Nah, he wouldn't be sad over her... would he?

"I am." She informed him. He frowned at her words, and looked down. "But I'll be back." She told him. "I just need to go to the market place, to buy something." She smiled at him. He looked at her, slightly serious.

"Please be careful Miss Kagome. We live in a peaceful time, but there are men who wouldn't mind finding someone like you, wondering alone; That it is." He paused, and stood straight, placing his hand on his sword. "I would be very happy to accompany you; That I would." She was surprised by his words. He was really worried about her, wasn't he? The thought almost made her blush, but she caught herself before she could show it.

"Oh, Kenshin." She placed her hand over her heart. "It touches me that you would be worried over little-old me." He blushed and she smiled at him. "But this is something that I must do on my own. If that is alright?" He looked a little disappointed, but nodded in understanding. "Besides, what could go wrong?" Something flashed through his eyes, and he looked away, sighing. "Don't worry." Reassuring him. "I can take care of myself, you know that I'm pretty quick on my feet." Seeing him finally smile, she took that as his permission to go. She nodded, and left through the opened door, going into town.